none
Windows 8 fresh install get error 'We Couldn't verify the product key'

Question

• I just download a Windows 8 "en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440.iso" from technet and try to install on a Sony NB. I delete all partition on NB and boot from Windows 8 DVD and start install. On beginning of installation it ask me enter the product key. I enter the key get from technet, it wait a long time (about 5 minutes) and get "We couldn't verify product key. Please check your installation media." error.  Cannot continue. What happen ???
    Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:41 AM

Answers

•   My guess is that your download was faulty. id you check the download checksum. How did you burn the .iso to a DVD?

Bill

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:42 AM

All replies

•   My guess is that your download was faulty. id you check the download checksum. How did you burn the .iso to a DVD?

Bill

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Thanks you. I try to download different file of Windows 8, it ok now. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Even I came across same error with same image on VM Workstation 8. Got it resolved by powering off the VM and removed Floppy drive from machine settings.

Guess that's easier work around for this issue.. :)

Friday, November 09, 2012 5:37 AM
  • When using Virtualization software (either Parallels or VMWare) and you try to install Windows 8.1 Enterprise - disconnect the floppy as Godfrey claims and it will install normally without that screen.
    Friday, January 10, 2014 12:11 AM