none
Unable to use Age of Empires 3 on Windows 7 home basic

Question

•  Hi i am unable to play age of empires 3 version on my laptop.

each time i try to install it gives me an error message "Age of empires 3 is incompatible with this version of windows. for more information contact mircosoft". I also tried to work out on the basic steps which were previously provided by Andy Song. Setup.exe was changed accordingly but still i am getting this error message, whereas i m able to play the free trial version of the same game. Due to some reason Ao3 is not working on my laptop.

please reply me at the earliest as i had promised by younger brother to get it done before his b'day. if possible also email me on shaun902@hotmail.com

Regards

Shounak

Sunday, June 13, 2010 1:39 PM

All replies

• I suspect that your hardware does not archive the requirement, or incorrect hardware drivers are installed. To troubleshoot this kind of issues, please refer:

Age of Empires III: Hardware does not pass system check

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, June 14, 2010 8:22 AM
  • I am having the same issue on Win7 64 home premium and I more than Triple the requirements for this 6yr old game!
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:41 PM
  • Although the hardware meets the requirement, if you install incompatible driver the hardware checking when the game starts will still report errors. Please make sure that you have downloaded Windows 7 compatible drivers and installed them.

If the issue persists, temporary disable/uninstall the antivirus and check the result again.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:27 AM
  • i have had a look at the link u have provided to me

Age of Empires III: Hardware does not pass system check

but not satisfied with the solution. If i can play the trial version then how come i am not able to play the full version.

is there any problem with Windows 7?

Friday, June 18, 2010 8:02 PM
  • hey dude i have home premium too, did u fix it yet? if yes then how, plz help me :S
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:20 PM
  • Anyone get this to work?

I have Age of Empires 3, a genuine copy on disk, I run the install but get as far as the third disk then a blue screen. I tried running the install in compatibiliy mode with same result.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:21 PM
  • Anyone get this to work?

I have Age of Empires 3, a genuine copy on disk, I run the install but get as far as the third disk then a blue screen. I tried running the install in compatibiliy mode with same result.

I prefer not to respond to zombie threads, but what the heck...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=age%20of%20empires%20iii

According to Microsoft, version 1.0 is incompatible with both 32 and 64 bit Win7. The "gold" package is stated to be compatible. (It's still for sale, such as at www.amazon.com, if you don't mind spending  approx. $25.) If there's a patch for the original version, Microsoft doesn't mention it.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:44 PM
  • Age of empire iii does not run on my win7 home edition 7 64 bit. Just tells me check online for a solution. Any advise?
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:53 PM