none
Taskbar will not stay hidden in auto-hide

Question

• I have had same annoying problem in Windows 7 PC -- I HAVE ONE SOLUTION THAT'S WORKING FOR ME JUST FINE --  Thanks to this forum.  

The User (MVP?) named Antidote X, gave a perfect answer for me. (see 1/14/09, below) -- Here it is in a nutshell.  An alert on one of the icons "pinned" to the task bar can be trying to tell you something and won't "release" the task bar until you deal with that icon.  In my case, SKYPE was doing it so I quit Skype and BINGO, Autohide works again (so far).  THANKS SO MUCH, ANTIDOTE X -- this had been annoying the heck out of me for weeks -- this morning I finally dealt with it and found you -- life is good.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Decian,

I am glad to hear that you have resolved the issue by using this forum. Thank you for your sharing. I believe this will help others in the same situation too. Enjoy!

Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 06, 2010 9:49 AM