none
MTP Device Error

Question

• When I plug my Samsung YP-K3 media play, Windows XP attempts to install the driver but the Hardware Update Wizard returns the error:

"Cannot Install this Hardware.  There was a problem installing this hardware: MTP Device.  An error occurred during the installation of the device.  The specified service does not exist as an installed service"

This error has only recently appeared. 

Up to a month ago, I was able to plug and sync this media player with Windows Media Player.

In Device Manager, it appears to recognize the Samsung YP-K3 media player but there is an exclamation mark (on a yellow background) against this device.

My system specs is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3. 

Thank you,

Des

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:06 AM

Answers

• Do a system restoreto the date back when it was working.

or

Uninstall the device manually in devicemanager ( look for yellow question marks, "unknown devices" or other indicators ), right click device, uninstall, reboot - afterwards re-plug and let windows install the drivers.

If this thing uses software from the vendor, try uninstalling/repairing those.

MTP devices are simply Mass Storage .. any sort of USB drive. Some cameras,mobile phones identify as those and will only work as special device when there is extra software or vendors driver installed. XP treats them as "universal MTP" without specific drivers.

The OS Tweaking Guy ;)
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:47 PM

All replies

• Do a system restoreto the date back when it was working.

or

Uninstall the device manually in devicemanager ( look for yellow question marks, "unknown devices" or other indicators ), right click device, uninstall, reboot - afterwards re-plug and let windows install the drivers.

If this thing uses software from the vendor, try uninstalling/repairing those.

MTP devices are simply Mass Storage .. any sort of USB drive. Some cameras,mobile phones identify as those and will only work as special device when there is extra software or vendors driver installed. XP treats them as "universal MTP" without specific drivers.

The OS Tweaking Guy ;)
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:47 PM
  • Dear peaple who are suffering from SAMSUNG MTP device failed to install (code 19) USB driver

First install SAMSUNG Kies goning to samsung website

second Install samsung galaxy S3 drivers after registerung your mobile on the samsung website

(creat an account in it)

third go to : regedit (registry editor)

HKEY_Local_Machine/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A

read on the list shown the word  (Upperfilters)  delete it and plug your samsung galaxy S3 it will normally work.

good luck 1 2 3 viva L'algérie

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:50 PM