none
Linksys/Broadcom Wireless N Network Dropping - Probable Solution!

General discussion

• After months of struggling to resolve the random disconnects and NIC lock-ups with my wireless adapter (Linksys WMP300N v1) it seems there is a solution available in the form of some modified Broadcom drivers originally intended for Vista 64.
    Take a look at the following link:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8726

I suggest you create a system restore point before installing the new driver.

Note there are 2 downloads - the full Broadcom install package and an .inf file.  Extract the drivers and replace the .inf as per the instructions.
    Since installing, I have now run nearly 24 hours without a hitch.  With the previous driver I could guarantee a disconnect immediately I accessed steaming video or tried to download a significant sized file.  I have repeatedly tested with these.

The information came from the Linksys discussion board (http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Adapters&thread.id=19997)

If the solution works for you, please post reply for the benefit of all members.

Cheers,  Chris
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 7:30 PM

All replies

• An update - the 'fix' has now been working flawlessly since my original post and hence would seem like a good solution for Broadcom/Linksys N issues.
    Also confirms the disconnects are driver related, and until the vendor issues Win7 compatible driver, this may be the best solution.
    Chris
    Friday, October 02, 2009 11:40 PM
  • Thanks Duckysan1, I also confirm these 'custom drivers' located in the link above is working flawlessly. I am running WMP300N v1 with windows 7 RC build 7100 64bit. The original drivers that windows automatically installs would disconnect randomly sometimes constantly. I have been running with these drivers for a few days now and no disconnects. What i find surprising is that with these custom drivers is that i get stronger singal strengeth for some odd reason when compared to my vista 32bit. My router is located in the basement and im on the top floor (cant move the router), in vista with the drivers located at linksys' site i get any where from 10%-20% singal strength(yes its low but it works), but with the custom drivers im getting 30%-40% in windows 7. The readings are according to the same wireless meter sidebar gadget, i will try this custom driver on my vista 32bit later to see if the signal increases there also(i dual boot).
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 3:43 AM
  • Hey Duckysan1,
    I am having the same issue. I followed the link you suggested but I am unable to find the correct two downloads...
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:08 PM