none
Disable the warning of the updates of the Windows Live Essentials 2011 suite

Question

• HI

In Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, how can I disable the automatic updates of the Windows Live Essentials displayed with the Windows Live 2011 suite?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

• Edited by balubeto Friday, May 25, 2012 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Update Windows 7 manually. (Do not allow automatic update)

Regards

Milos

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Update Windows 7 manually. (Do not allow automatic update)

Regards

Milos

Also I think in this way, but even if I set the manual update of Windows 7, after 10 minutes from the loading of a program like Windows Live Movies Maker, an icon appears on the systray, saying to update the entire suite. Why?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

• Edited by balubeto Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

To disable the option “Show me detailed notifications when new Microsoft software is available”. In the meantime, you could delete files in the folder (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\), for the update patches are located in it.

Since the update patch has been downloaded, if the issue persists, you may update first and uninstall the update patch.(control panel->Programs and Features->view installed update).

Windows 7 - Windows Update - Enable or Disable Access

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/1d862bbc-5e29-415e-8ef1-d662cd96d5fd

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

To disable the option “Show me detailed notifications when new Microsoft software is available”. In the meantime, you could delete files in the folder (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\), for the update patches are located in it.

Since the update patch has been downloaded, if the issue persists, you may update first and uninstall the update patch.(control panel->Programs and Features->view installed update).

Windows 7 - Windows Update - Enable or Disable Access

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/1d862bbc-5e29-415e-8ef1-d662cd96d5fd

Ivan-Liu

I did everything above but the Windows Live Essentials icon is still displayed. Why?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:53 AM
  • In other words, with Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, when I run a software of the Windows Live 2011 suite, the Windows Live Essentials Update icon appears on the systray? Why?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

Friday, May 18, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Perhaps the program detects that a new version that is available for you. We cannot disable it from Windows Updates. You may have a check in the program if there is some option could disable update prompts.

Ivan-Liu

Friday, May 18, 2012 9:15 AM
  • I want to know if the Windows Live 2011 and Windows Live Essentials suites are separate suites or not?

To properly install the Windows Live 2011 suite, I must first install the Windows Live Essentials suite or not?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

Friday, May 18, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Hi,

The full name is Windows Live Essentials 2011. You may install the Windows Live Essentials 2011 and select the components you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29219

Ivan-Liu

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:28 AM
  • Hi,

The full name is Windows Live Essentials 2011. You may install the Windows Live Essentials 2011 and select the components you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29219

Ivan-Liu

Now, I understand.

Why the Windows Update service (with the option enabled for the updating of all Microsoft products) does not detect the presence of the updates of the componets of the
    Windows Live Essentials 2011 suite?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

• Edited by balubeto Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:17 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

Some program components do not have independent patches, so Windows Update does not have KB patches to update.

Ivan-Liu

Friday, May 25, 2012 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

Some program components do not have independent patches, so Windows Update does not have KB patches to update.

Ivan-Liu

Now, I understand.

Is there a way to prevent that a component of this suite looks for various updates while it is running?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto

• Edited by balubeto Friday, May 25, 2012 7:06 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Some programs have switchers to disable or enable automatic update function, you may contact Windows Live Essetials Help Center for further assistance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-help-center

Ivan-Liu

Monday, May 28, 2012 1:59 AM
  • "Is there a way to prevent that a component of this suite looks for various updates while it is running?"

I have the same problem, Windows Updates are disabled, but Movie Maker still checks for update, after Movie Maker is launched, after 1 minute appropriately in icon try message is displayed hat newer updated is available. 

Is there is any why how can i disable it? 

Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:40 AM