none
Play to ..

Question

• My xbox would play my movies on windows 8 play to function. I would simply swipe from the bottom when the movie started

press play to and select xbox. I have changed nothing, smartglass connects, all setting are the same. I have used this function many times.

I can access my pc files using the xbox video player. I have done all the usual stuff restarts tested connections looked at all the setting : firewall, xbox

network test pc test. Is this an update issue? why would it stop working? 

Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• you haven't really supplied enough information on what your exactly issue is.

if you open the videos app, start playing a video, then select devices and then
    your XBox, what happens then?

if you use the classic desktop/explorer/libraries interface and select a video,
    right click or press down on the file name does the shortcut menu contain Play
    To and can you send to your xbox that way?

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 21:47:06 +0000, Gethin90 wrote:

>
    >
    >My xbox would play my movies on windows 8 play to function. I would simply swipe from the bottom when the movie started
    >
    >press play to and select xbox. I have changed nothing, smartglass connects, all setting are the same. I have used this function many times.
    >
    >I can access my pc files using the xbox video player. I have done all the usual stuff restarts tested connections looked at all the setting : firewall, xbox
    >
    >network test pc test. Is this an update issue? why would it stop working? 
    >

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Sunday, February 03, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a blog which introduces Play to feature in Windows 8.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsappdev/archive/2012/11/16/enabling-great-play-to-experiences-from-your-windows-8-apps-and-websites.aspx

Please understand that this is Windows 7 forum. If you are using Windows 8, I would redirect you to ask your question on Windows 8 forums. So that we can get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:32 AM