• I had installed Vista and had to go back to XP because Vista did not have

drivers for my Lexmark Z55. I need the printer to work, and do not want to

buy a new printer for Vista.

"Wow"

Anyone with similar problems? Were you able to resolve it?  Any suggestion

would be good.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 9:40 PM

All replies

• i tried talking with microsoft when i encountered the same problem. unfortunately, the driver team for lexmark is very, very far behind in schedule and it will not work for several months. i thought i was the only person who was dumb enough to purchase a lexmark too...
    Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:55 AM
  • Is Lexmark waiting on Microsoft and vice-versa?

I am not sure why Microsoft has provided drivers for

certain Lexmark Z printers and not for others.. I think

they have for Z62 or something which doesnt seem

to work with Z55.

And Lexmark is dragging their feet on Vista drivers

for most (all?) of their older line of printers.

Anyone received any other response from either

one of these companies?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:20 PM
  • for the Lexmark p3150 Lexmark responded to several others that they had no plans for upgrading their driver to Vista

Pretty lame since The thing was still on store shelves 6 months ago

Drivers for anything still selling is a must

Wont buy another printer from lexmark again

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:01 PM
  • I recently had an email from Lexmark, they have no plans to release a driver for The Z55.

Thank you for your mail.  I am afraid that we will not have any drivers available for Microsoft Vista for your printer, due to the age of the machine. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Ben Lambourne
    Customer Support
    Lexmark International Limited, Westhorpe House, Westhorpe, Marlow, Bucks. SL7 3RQ
    E:ben.lambourne@lexmark.co.uk
    P: +44 (0)8704 44 0044
    F: +44 (0)8704 44 0033

The only way to print with the Z55 is to create a dual boot system on a partition, (Vista/XP)

then print with XP......I still have 6 ink cartridges left, going to use them up then buy a new printer, but NOT LEXMARK.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 5:53 AM
  • download:

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=227:5:0:339:0:0&os_group=WinXP&file_attachment_name=CJXP55SE.EXE&dldiv=downloads/cpd&fileID=5282&searchLang=en&download=yes&fsize=10771456

from lexmark, run the .exe and extract to hard drive, open control panel and select printers, right click add printer, local printer, select the USB port, when asked browse to the extracted folder, install, set as default if needed. You wont have all the whistles and bells, but you will be able to use your Z55.

Hope this helps.

Pete. 

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:16 PM
  • I tried to follow your advise but when it started downloading it hung for a little while then failed with a message that the page could not be found.  Any suggestions.  I wonder if Lexmarc have removed the page.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:00 PM
  • I just checked the link, the file is still there, 10.2mb, just keep trying till you get it, or google: CJXP55SE.exe which is the name of the selfextracting zip. Hop this helps, Pete.

Friday, November 07, 2008 1:39 AM
  • thanks so much this worked great
    • Proposed as answer by Schorpion16 Monday, March 22, 2010 9:49 AM
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 3:13 AM
  • Don't bye a Lexmark printer.

thee don't have no new drivers for old printer.

Monday, March 22, 2010 9:50 AM
  • I am having the same problem with the vista and the Lexmark z55 printer.  I was wondering if there are any other printers compatible with the ink cartridges because I also have quite a few left???
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 11:29 PM