none
Recent Items link. Show desktop.

General discussion

• 1. Win7 is grouping all the recently opened or created items under the application which shows up in the Start menu. But the link of Recent Items was rather handy as it listed everything at one place. Also easy to clear them with a right click on it as in Vista.

2. Show desktop button sits in the bottom right corner. This is very unergonomic. Have to drag the mouse all the way to the right which is a pain for right handed users. Of course, the keyboard shortcut of Win key + M is good but it does not give the transparent windows effect which is a classy feature.
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:44 AM

All replies

• I thought the same thing about desktop.scf on the right but now I think it's good after scrolling if that was the idea.

One thing I will say is it is a bit weird having these "pinned" icons on the taskbar being one size one second then changing the next, ie when opening a new program but when you minimise an application it still stays the same size, not so intuitive I don't think.

If you could change the size of the icons to be either big or small one way or the other this would be a great first step in my view towards easier working.

About recent items, I never used it, in the same way that I couldn't stand the massive long lists of endless garbage that programs created for themselves on the start menu.

Good work Microsoft, all good steps towards an iconic product.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:08 PM
  • Win+Space
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:18 PM