none
Windows 7 Boot Error 0xc000000f

Question

• Hey Guys, I have a Windows 7 HP Pavilion and when I start it up I get this Error.

It First Tells me to insert the Installation Disc, which I don't have and repair the Computer. I did manage to find a download on the Internet and Burn it to a DVD Disc so it's basically the Repair disc. I tried Using the Startup Repair and it looks for errors and like about 10-20 Seconds later it's done and it says the errors and fixed and when I restart it should work, well, it doesn't. I can't use System Restore because I didn't have any Restore Points. I tried going into CMD and used the bootrec.exe tool but no luck with that either.

-----------------

Things I tried :

- Used CMD and did "Bottrec.exe /FixBoot | Bootrec.exe /FixMbr | Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

- Tried to Use System Restore | No Restore Points

- Tried to Use Startup Repair | Fixes nothing and restarting is useless

- Used Google To Help me out | Nothing

-----------------

It tells me that error up there which is like Error : 0xc00000f or something and then says "The Boot Failed because a Required Device is Inaccessible.

*Keep in mind I can't even go to the Desktop so I can't download anything on their and try to use it so it will work.

(I'm using my other Computer now)

-----------------

Thank You!

Tell me if this is the wrong Forum or something.
    Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Rated ModzZ,

Watch this video: How to Restore an HP Computer to factory settings.

Regards,

Miya

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:02 AM

All replies

• It should comes with a recovery image/partition whereby you could recover & reinstall windows back to default provided the image/partition has not been wipe off. Try the following step

Press the Power button to start the PC, and then press the f11 key when the standard BIOS prompts are displayed on the black screen.

Note: Pressing the f11 key during startup on a computer with an HP factory image will start the system recovery process even if the prompt is not displayed.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 1:54 AM
  • Hey Thanks for the Reply.

It says something about an Image thing but I have no idea what it is. It says something about a Backup, I don't think I could reinstall Windows Since it's not the Original Windows Installation Disc, it's one I had to burn to a DVD Disc but it has the Startup Repair, CMD, System Restore, etc. on it but just not the Instillation on it.

(I'm not really that "Understanding" on what the "BIOS" exactly are.)

Sunday, July 03, 2011 11:24 PM
  • Hi Rated ModzZ,

Watch this video: How to Restore an HP Computer to factory settings.

Regards,

Miya

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Alright Awesome! I will see if it will work, hopefully I don't have to have a Disc, and if I need one, then hopefully I could find a Download for it.

Anyways,

Thanks. ^_^

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:25 AM