none
Windows 7 backup error code 0x81000019 (Backup Failure)

Question

• Running "backup" failed with error code 0x81000019.

After days of trouble shooting, I narrowed the problem to "com+ event system" service. It showed "started", I restarted it and backup worked. If I restart computer, I have to restart the service again for backup to work.

A "TEMPORARY" solution is a desktop batch file that contains the following lines:    net stop /Y "COM+ Event system"                                                                      net start "COM+ Event System"  exit                                                                                                                                 
    (Run this batch file before doing a backup.)                                                          

I have Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). I did a clean install which includes the system partition. No other problems, just this one.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi BobK1110,

Thanks for the post!

What’s your error message when you got the error code 0x8100019? Please check this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/fce6950d-c06d-4dd0-a850-67022db4fe04

Do you have the same error message?

If so, this is a known issue, as a workaround, you can increase the system reserved partition size to 500MB.

Meanwhile, thanks for sharing your solution on this issue, it could be beneficial for other community members.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi BobK1110,

Thanks for the post!

What’s your error message when you got the error code 0x8100019? Please check this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/fce6950d-c06d-4dd0-a850-67022db4fe04

Do you have the same error message?

If so, this is a known issue, as a workaround, you can increase the system reserved partition size to 500MB.

Meanwhile, thanks for sharing your solution on this issue, it could be beneficial for other community members.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:33 AM
  • Yes, I receive the same error message.

"A shadow copy could not be created. Please check the 'VSS' and 'SPP' application event logs for more information. Details: Insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data. "

I still hope for a permanent solution, rather then workarounds.

Thanks for the quick responce.

Bob

Friday, January 21, 2011 10:24 PM
  • Thanks, finally a solution - this is the only solution that worked for me.
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:53 PM
  • That was helpful.

Thank you

Friday, November 08, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Simply click your Start Button:

Right click Computer
    then 
    Right Click Manager
    then 
    Click Services & Applications
    then 
    Click Services
    then
    Go down the list till you find
    COM+Event System
    and 
    Click restart

The re-start of "com+event system" service worked.  my win 7 backup is running.  That is all that is needed to get the backup working.  Forget all that other stuff.

Larry B.

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:46 PM