none
Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing?

Question

• Hello everyone!

I'm using Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 (Dell XPS 420), and upgrading it to the RC. I burned the ISO file to a DVD the correct way, and made sure to set the "cversion.in" file to allow the Beta to 7000 instead of 7077. I also uninstalled all the programs it told me too, leaving there only one odd error message in the Compatability Report:

"The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
     -  Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing."

Does anybody know how to fix this please?
    • Edited by mchief111 Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:43 PM Fixed quotation
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you been able to upgrade to Windows 7 RC yet? Whatever modifications you made to cversion.ini may be the problem because that kind of thing is not supported (especially when it involves build 7077.)

Hope things are well,
    Nick
    Thursday, June 04, 2009 2:38 PM
  • I'm going from Vista to RTM and gettng the same.  I rebooted.  Same block.

Solved Restart flag is stuck on - Windows 7 Forums:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10690-restart-flag-stuck.html

Checking to see if it's the dvd software.

Nope.  Gave up and did a clean install.  But FYI this is Vista to RTM and it's still being seen and thus not a beta issue.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:47 PM
    Answerer