none
Display Driver keeps crashing

Question

• i have a Compaq Presario CQ60 212TU and i ve got the windows 7 RC x64 on it. however the display driver keeps crashing. i have tried updating it, even going to the compaq website and downloading the vista x64 but it just keeps crashing like every 20 minutes.
    any ideas on what i could do?

Cheers,

Nipqer
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:40 AM

Answers

• i ran windows update and it had a driver in there for it, which has worked so far, although i have now lost the intel graphics media accelerator program.
    oh well, didnt need it that much anyway
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:09 AM

All replies

• i have a Compaq Presario CQ60 212TU and i ve got the windows 7 RC x64 on it. however the display driver keeps crashing. i have tried updating it, even going to the compaq website and downloading the vista x64 but it just keeps crashing like every 20 minutes.

Cheers,

Nipqer

Nipqer -

Do you know the exact error message that pops up? Or any information on it from Event Viewer? Reliability Monitor? If you could post any of those, it might go a long way toward solving the issue.

Also, have you tried searching the Intel website for drivers for the Mobile Intel 4 series? Nvidia and ATI/AMD generally have beta drivers available from their sites as well that can be a bit further along than those available elsewhere.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:14 PM

Cheers,

Nipqer
    I had a possibly similar issue, only it was not the display driver, it was acrobat updater. Whenever the auto updater tried to communicate with Win 7 64bix, it crashed the video system. I just removed the acrobat updater from starting at boot and the problem went away.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:48 PM
  • Nipqer -

Do you know the exact error message that pops up? Or any information on it from Event Viewer? Reliability Monitor? If you could post any of those, it might go a long way toward solving the issue.

Also, have you tried searching the Intel website for drivers for the Mobile Intel 4 series? Nvidia and ATI/AMD generally have beta drivers available from their sites as well that can be a bit further along than those available elsewhere.
    here is the report from reliability monitor

Description
    A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    LiveKernelEvent
    OS Version:    6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:    5129

Files that help describe the problem
    WD-20090520-0826.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    WERInternalMetadata.xml

Extra information about the problem
    BCCode:    117
    BCP1:    FFFFFA8008F73010
    BCP2:    FFFFF8800482C640
    BCP3:    0000000000000000
    BCP4:    0000000000000000
    OS Version:    6_1_7100
    Service Pack:    0_0
    Product:    256_1

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:37 PM
  • Nipqer -

Ok.. That definitely seems like a video driver issue - have you checked Intel's web site for an updated Win 7 compatible driver?
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 2:28 AM
  • i ran windows update and it had a driver in there for it, which has worked so far, although i have now lost the intel graphics media accelerator program.
    oh well, didnt need it that much anyway
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:09 AM
  • Very cool. Glad to hear it's working better..!

Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:51 AM