none
dpc_watchdog_violation windows 8

Question

• I bought DELL i5 laptop some 15 days back which uses windows 8 64 bit, I repeatedly gets DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows 8 blue screen error repeatedly please some one fix my problem.
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:42 AM

Answers

• We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  
    We prefer at least 2 DMP files to spot trends and confirm the cause.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:08 PM

All replies

• Could you upload the dump file so we can analyze this problem better?

• Proposed as answer by Jack00121 Friday, February 07, 2014 6:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Upon analysis of the dump file, the usual cause of DPC Watchdog Violation errors is determined to be drivers. If you recently changed any drivers, you may want to roll back those drivers to their previous versions to determine if they are the cause of the errors you are experiencing. Otherwise, you may want to locate the most recent version of the drivers your system requires to operate so that they can be updated.

With the dump file requested by T. Kujala, we can analyze the crash and often determine specifically which drivers are the culprit and require updating.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    The Springboard Series on TechNet

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:33 PM
  • We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  
    We prefer at least 2 DMP files to spot trends and confirm the cause.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:08 PM