none
There is no way to increase dpi in Paint ! in Windows 7

All replies

• I think you have things mixed up.

dpi = Dots Per Inch

Webpages use 72dpi
    Monitors 72 or 96 dpi
    Printers use 300 dpi

Paint uses 120 dpi so great for web & monitor, so-so for printing.

I don't understand what you mean by 96%,,, 96% of what?
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:06 AM
  • No, you can't alter the print sizes in MS Paint. It's just a tool to do basic drawing so for printing you'll need different software.

If you're like me and use a different image viewer, use the free image viewer XnView. It lets you alter the print size (under Image > Canvas Size... or Shift + C) or image size by DPI (which will lower the image quality). Your pick.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:53 AM
  • I'm having trouble with ALT (Hot) Keys I really loved in Vista Paint and XP Paint.  How do I rotate and flip Horizontally and Vertically with Control Keys?  They've reassigned the ones I'm used to and I can't find a reference?

Is there a way to Get Vista Paint to work with Win 7 ? 

Thanks!
    • Edited by DAHstra Thursday, July 02, 2009 12:41 AM
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 12:39 AM
  • Sorry I am using Vista at the moment.
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 12:40 AM
  • I have my laptop setup with a dual boot Vista and Win 7.  Vista kept corrupting itself with MS Updates, so I thought I'd try Win 7 RC.
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 12:49 AM
  • Thursday, July 02, 2009 12:50 AM
  • I use superfetch now hehe,  I had a problem with some thing else
    I fixed it :D I made a topic about updates configuring in a loop :D

Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:22 AM
  • One big problem is that when you resave a .gif Paint resamples the colors and makes a mess of it whereas in the past it used to work quite well.

Microsoft have made a mess of Paint in Windows 7 and should fix it up to be at least as reliable as Paint in Vista and XP.

I can live with the Ribbon and do like some of the new tools but technically it is less superior to its predecessor?

Saturday, August 07, 2010 12:04 AM