none
WINDOWS 7 - no audio device installed

Question

• I have no sound on my Dell 1525.  I've read the instructions on this site for fixing the problem, but when i go to CONTROL PANEL --> HARDWARE AND SOUND --> DEVICE MANAGER, there is no option for  SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER.  I have even searched via the START menu.  But nothing is returned.  Is this advice for users of WINDOWS 7 or some other version of windows?

Please help.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm when the issue occurred. Does the Speaker icon show on the system tray?

The issue can be caused by the incompatibility sound card driver.

According to my search on Dell Driver & Downloads link, there is no Audio drive for Windows 7.

I suggest downloading Vista Audio drive on that link and then right click the package -> choose Properties -> Compatibility Tab

Check the option for Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows Vista.

Check the option for Run this program as an administrator

After that, let’s install the driver to check the result. In addition, please also update the BIOS to check the result.

If the issue persists, I suggest we contact Dell Support to check its Windows 7 compatibility.

Regards,

Simida

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, December 27, 2010 2:59 AM
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:44 AM