none
search indexer has stopped working

Question

•  

i get an error messege that says "microsoft windows search indexer has stopped working"  windows trys to find a solution but there never is one.  dose anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Friday, December 14, 2007 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to delete all files related to search indexing, located by default at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Temp. Delete all files and folders in these directories.

please note backup these files before performing any change.

Then, change the service back to starting automatically. You still can't start the service until you reboot, at which time Windows will rebuild the index.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For this error message, please check the following:

1. Run services.msc command and ensure the Windows Search service is running.

2. Go to the Control pane-> Indexing Options to make sure it is not grayed out.

For more information about how to troubleshooting search indexer, please refer to the following link:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/85803-index-windows-search-service.html

Hope it helps.

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:11 AM
  •  

i went to services.msc and it was not running so i tried to start it and i got an error numbered 1067 the prosses turminated unexpecidly
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to delete all files related to search indexing, located by default at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Temp. Delete all files and folders in these directories.

please note backup these files before performing any change.

Then, change the service back to starting automatically. You still can't start the service until you reboot, at which time Windows will rebuild the index.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:19 AM