none
"Message from webpage: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."

Question

• I just purchased SHAME from Target.com. I was very excited because I enjoyed the movie, and it came with a copy on Blu-ray, DVD, and a digital copy.

I went ahead and attempted to obtain my digital copy. However, the program that runs off of the DVD says:

"Windows Media Player DRM Version Error: Could not detect correct Windows Media DRM version. Please use the link below to download and install the correct version: Click here to upgrade to the latest Microsoft DRM."

Fine. I don't know why it is incorrect, since I just installed Windows 8, but whatever. So, I click the link. It opens Internet Explorer. I click upgrade. What happens then, you ask?

"Message from webpage: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."

So, since WMP 12.0.9200.16420 is already installed, and I can't find a solution for this online, and your tech I talked to on the phone from Fox Digital Copy says he thinks it is a Microsoft problem, I have no digital copy of SHAME. Which is a real shame.

Help.

Friday, January 18, 2013 10:58 PM

All replies

• If you have Windows 8 installed, you need to post in one of the Windows 8 forums @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w8itpro

This is a Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:58 PM