none
IE7 doesn't work with Sp3??

Question

•  

Dear Folks!!

Just a quick question... Is there any way to install IE7 after installing SP3............ I just install Windows XP cleanly with Sp2 and forgot to install IE7 ..and installed Sp3..  Now when trying to install IE7 .. it just doesn't work.. after validating is stay error has occured... Restart your Windows...

Any solution???

Regards,

Asad

Monday, December 24, 2007 10:13 PM

Answers

• Did you try the newest installer?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en

By the sound of it 'no' since it asks for validation and the 10/4/07 one doesn't.

The only thing is that hotfixes for IE7 really are SP2 only and won't install on SP3 with IE7.
    Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:39 AM

All replies

• Did you try the newest installer?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en

By the sound of it 'no' since it asks for validation and the 10/4/07 one doesn't.

The only thing is that hotfixes for IE7 really are SP2 only and won't install on SP3 with IE7.
    Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:39 AM
  • Thanks redxii!!!

This new installler actually worked   and IE7 has been successfully installed on Sp3.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Hi Guys

It seems that when I downloaded Windows XP_SP3 v3264 the 1st time I had an issue with IE7. I could not goto certain sights and I could not reset or change any setting in Internet Explorer.

I did un-installed the XP_SP3 and then downloeded IE7 again.

shut down the system and then restarted, waited for my virus program to scan and then cleared out the internet cache.

Downloaded XP_SP3 and saved to documents, made sure no other programs where running and I was completely disconnected from the Internet.

Set and ran the XP_SP3 v.3264, so far it is running great.

There is 1 thing that I noticed, the pros, it is fast but the cons so far is that It uses 11% more memory then SP2.

I am just waiting for the final to install and at the point I will do a clean install with just Windows XP_SP1 and then Install the final version of SP3.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:18 PM
  • OK Just today I downloaded what I believe to be the most current version of the sp3 buiild from this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=75ed934c-8423-4386-ad98-36b124a720aa&DisplayLang=en

After install IE7 would not work properly.

I had to unistall SP3 to get everything back to normal.

Do I have the right build of SP3? I used the latest installer awhile back to install IE7, something I should be aware of?

Any help would be great.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:08 PM
  • If you downloaded the files availble right now in the downloads section, than you have the current files.

Read everything users encountered here, not just IE7 users, but IE6 as well, they both have problems.

http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/showpost.aspx?postid=2591658&siteid=17&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1
    Friday, January 11, 2008 6:17 AM
  • can t remeber what i did

after formay new key than ie 7 than sp3

maby in sp3 should be includid ie 7 or ie 8 soon with media player 11 ?????????????

bytheway off topic

think firefox is easyer to install than ie 7

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:03 AM
  •  

Install SP3 than IE7.

It works if you have the newest, as mentioned above.

And if it crashes, closes without notice, etc. Use the registry patch, you can find from the link above.

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:34 AM
  •  

appoldges wich link or where is the link
    Friday, January 11, 2008 11:07 AM
  • Can I know which all updates are not included in SP3 like here in this post i came to know that IE7 is not included in SP3...
    I m getting a hint that MP11 is also not included...
    Can which all are not included
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:49 PM
  • we are in the process of compiling an exhaustive list of updates included with XP SP3.

We would be releasing it by the time the final bits are available.

Friday, February 15, 2008 4:52 PM
  • wil it become put on a cd rom or dvd ??????

Friday, February 15, 2008 7:30 PM
  • It will be released on blu-ray disc.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:11 AM
  • I find it offensive that 99% of sites (including a vast majority that MS run) don't work with the service pack!

What kind of idiot in the company helps makes a patch that makes browsing the internet nonexistent?

Saturday, May 17, 2008 4:40 PM
  • DISCOVERY!!!

If you have a page that you can't open in IE7, try it in Realplayer's embedded browser... I've found even Windowsupdate works in it!  It may not be ideal, but it should be until MS figure out just how much they screwed up their own patch.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 8:15 PM
  • hy guys, i just had a new comp built with  xp sp3 on it,and this is a brand new xp disc, so i'm stuck  with sp3, IE7 d/led ok but after a couple of days use it would not shut down, only by using task mngr could i close it, have been on other sites and lots of probs like this are out there, sp3  won't install a couple of my progs as well, keeps spitting them out. so stay on sp2 for now, there's nowt wrong with it, i wish i could.! ! !

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:59 PM