none
there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

Question

• i am using windows 2008 server and 10 client machines. 7 machines running windows xp pro and 3 are vista business. i added all 10 machines to the domain. and i can login from all my xp machine to domain. but i can unable to login from my vista machine.dis message i am getting "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request " please give a solution to solve dis problem

thank you
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Log on the Windows Vista clients with the local administrator account, ensure the computer can communicate with no issues with the server (such as using the “ping” command) and then disjoin and rejoin the computer to domain to check the issue.

2.    Temporarily remove all the security software (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) on the Windows Vista client and check if it works.

3.    Regarding the error message received, please refer to the following Knowledge Base and try the solution in it:

Error message when you try to log on to a Windows Server 2008-based RODC: "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949048

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Log on the Windows Vista clients with the local administrator account, ensure the computer can communicate with no issues with the server (such as using the “ping” command) and then disjoin and rejoin the computer to domain to check the issue.

2.    Temporarily remove all the security software (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) on the Windows Vista client and check if it works.

3.    Regarding the error message received, please refer to the following Knowledge Base and try the solution in it:

Error message when you try to log on to a Windows Server 2008-based RODC: "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949048

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:27 AM
  • I have a new Windows 2008 r2 server domain client placed in production just recently.  I have a 2003 dc, but the operational level is probably still 2000.  

I can connect as my domain user name on the 2k8 server using RDP from my VISTA machine, but cannot with another domain user who has identical permissions to mine from the same VISTA client.

During the authentication, I receive the error "there are currently no logon servers to service your log on request."   Similar to above.  I only have one DC and it is not an RODC.

One other thing I have been trying to do is to add a security group that contains all of my enterprise and domain administrators to the remote users group on the W2k8r2 server, but only the local computer name shows up in the locations dropdown; no dc or other servers in the domain show up there, and it does NOT see the group I am trying to add; however 2 of 3 users in the group can connect and the third is the one that cannot.

So my first thought after comparing the users was DNS, but why would I be able to connect with one user and not another, if it were a DNS issue from the same hardware, using the same RDP client, and only changing the user/pw combo?

I am befuddled.

Thanks for any light you can shed on my problem,
    gschultz
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:53 PM
  • Suppose you are getting "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request "

Do the following thing . It will solve your problem

Use runas and run that program. It will solve.

Suppose , I want to run the following exe with another user . If I click and use other user from windown then error comes.

"there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request "

That's why I write a batch file and run that program . Please see it once.

RUNAS /profile /user:INHYDL0543\schandra "C:\Program Files\Serena\vm\win32\bin\pvcsvmnt.exe"

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Suppose you are getting "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request "

Do the following thing . It will solve your problem

Use runas and run that program. It will solve.

Suppose , I want to run the following exe with another user . If I click and use other user from windown then error comes.

"there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request "

That's why I write a batch file and run that program . Please see it once.

RUNAS /profile /user:INHYDL0543\schandra "C:\Program Files\Serena\vm\win32\bin\pvcsvmnt.exe"
    Monday, July 30, 2012 9:44 AM
  • I am having a similar problem.

I get the same error "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" when a user with no profile on a local client logs on for the first time using a wireless connection.  If I plug a network cable in the user is able to logon and subsequently able to logon wirelessly.  The problem has occurred for a long time with Windows XP, Vista and 7 on a Domain running server 2003,2008 and 2008 R2.  I have upgraded all the servers to 2008 R2, all the clients to Win7, replaced the wireless with a completely new system, made changes to group policy to assist logon but still the problem occurs.  Sometimes I can get a 50% logon failure from a class of 32 kids, sometimes they all get logged in.  There doesn't seem to be a common factor other than it only occurs using wireless and can be resolved by plugging in a cable.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:16 AM
  • May sound stupid, but I solved these issues disabling the IPv6 protocol on the NICs.

So I either disable it manually logging in as a local admin first, or through SC VMM for the Servers when creating the Virtual Machine.

HTH.

Monday, April 01, 2013 9:05 PM
  • I am getting the same exact problem with a Microsoft Surface that doesn't have a network port that I can plug a network cable into.  Does anyone have a solution to how I can add a new user to this machine?
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Emmanuel Bergerat you are genius it take me whole morning to solve this issue. I post this to help other like me
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:02 AM
  • This issue will arise when you are connected to a new network.

All you need to do is:

• Change the IPv4 settings for the Network you are connected to 
    • So, IPv4 Properties
    • Advanced Tab
    • DNS Tab
    • DNS Suffix for this connection 
    • This is where you enter the name of the domain you are connected to
    • Register this connections addresses in DNS, you want to tick this box.

Hope this helps a few people out, i know it helped me.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:00 AM
  • hi

but would you please tell me how I can tackle this error if I even can not log in to windows seven client with local administrator?

any help would be appreciated

Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:21 AM
  • ... I think you can try the basics .... check that all network cables are well plugged ... cheers!
    Monday, May 05, 2014 2:42 PM
  • ... I think you can try the basics .... check that all network cables are well plugged ... cheers!
    Monday, May 05, 2014 2:49 PM