WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Question

• Need some help M$!

What is causing this BSOD?!

Dump File:

http://yepnka.bay.livefilestore.com/y1m2IycBhhkt_VikUxRrWGMMQpFBGrO2a8dFArkbZ7eV8LD5wdiBe1rNliIr7LAjBx1tlGBFiE6ceKGxf72hKzhEE6Vnp5guxSXeqWKzg-WNsA/W8.zip?download&psid=1
    • Edited by cata_2630 Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:41 PM
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• We are not able to access the attachment. It is a encrypted site. Try to analyze the dump yourself.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:01 AM
  • We are not able to access the attachment. It is a encrypted site.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

The link should work now!
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:15 AM
  • You are linking directly to a downloadable "rar" file. Do you have Winrar, or similar, on your computer? If not, that is probably the cause of the error.

David Clarke

Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:42 AM
  • You are linking directly to a downloadable "rar" file. Do you have Winrar, or similar, on your computer? If not, that is probably the cause of the error.

David Clarke

Yes I have Winrar!...the downloadable "rar" file is an archived folder with the dump files and everything needed to solve the BSOD error.

• Edited by cata_2630 Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:50 AM
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Out of curiosity, why would you choose to use a 3rd party format that Windows does not understand to try to communicate your issues with others, when Windows handles the zip file format natively?  I for one wouldn't bother installing another application (WinRar) in order to try to look in your file.

Make it easy for people to help you and you'll likely get more help.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Out of curiosity, why would you choose to use a 3rd party format that Windows does not understand to try to communicate your issues with others, when Windows handles the zip file format natively?  I for one wouldn't bother installing another application (WinRar) in order to try to look in your file.

Make it easy for people to help you and you'll likely get more help.

-Noel

Updated first post with a downloadable zip file!
    I use winrar because windows zip cant extract rar files!!....

• Edited by cata_2630 Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:47 PM
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:47 PM
  • This error is happening when I play youtube videos, the weird thing about this BSOD is that I have a dual boot with Windows7 and after this BSOD shows the pc freezes and that new blue screen with the sad face shows and says: colecting error info (0% Complete) or something but nothing happens and I'm forced to do a hard reset, after I do this and select Windows7 from the boot menu, I have a disk schedule on all my partitions!!.....I have never had 1 BSOD on windows 7 in my life, but I guess windows 8 is not that good...so I ran some tests to check my hardware(on W7)....disk testing, memory testing, cpu testing...I don't have overclocking, I have good cooling, latest BIOS with default settings....I repeat this erros shows only on WINDOWS 8!!
    • Edited by cata_2630 Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:14 AM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:59 AM
  • You're dual-booting both Windows 7 and Windows 8 to the same disk volumes?

From everything I've read, that's a bad idea. 

I recall some posts describing how Windows 8 was corrupting NTFS structure in Windows 7's eyes.  Microsoft seemed interested in hearing more about it at the time, but I don't recall ever hearing about any fix.

-Noel

Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:11 PM
  • You're dual-booting both Windows 7 and Windows 8 to the same disk volumes!

-Noel

NO!!...I'm not that dumb :| .....I found what was causing the BSOD....it was Intel C-State,I disabled it and no more BSOD! :)
    • Marked as answer by cata_2630 Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:36 PM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:36 PM
  • I surely didn't intend to call you dumb, but some of what you wrote in the prior post I couldn't fully understand (most likely my fault):

I'm forced to do a hard reset, after I do this and select Windows7 from the boot menu, I have a disk schedule on all my partitions!!

Would you be willing to describe in a bit more detail how you disabled "Intel C-State" for the benefit of others who might run across this thread?

-Noel

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Would you be willing to describe in a bit more detail how you disabled "Intel C-State" for the benefit of others who might run across this thread?

-Noel

BIOS-Advanced-CPU Configuration-Intel C-State [Disabled]
    • Proposed as answer by Noel Carboni Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:54 AM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:39 PM