none
Windows 7 ultimate product key

Question

• Retail purchase of Windows 7 ultimate was made by my office almost more than a year back. I got two DVD's with it on 32 bit and other 64 bit version. The same was installed on my computer. Now my computer has crashed and therfore I had to change the mother board and hard disk as well. The old mother board was original intel 32 bit but the new motherboard is AMD phantom 64 bit. I'am trying to install windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version with the original DVD on my new upgraded system but the product key which I have is being reject as incorrect product key. Therefore may be the product key I have is incorrect or maybe incorrectly noted down or may be some other problem. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME as I have the expensive original DVD's but can't use.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:31 AM

Answers

• PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME as I have the expensive original DVD's but can't use.

One way of looking at it is that the DVDs are worthless, and all the value is contained in the license key.

I hope that you can find the original key. Microsoft Activation support can check the validity of the key, but I don't know what they'd be willing to do for you if you copied down one of the characters incorrectly.

Maybe you could experiment: "8" for "B", "6" for "G", etc. That's the sort of error I make all the time. I make a point of scanning the license keys and having multiple copies (hard and soft) to preserve my precious funds. 

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:44 PM

All replies

• There is not much anyone here can do for you if you don't have the key. You have to call Microsoft licensing and provide proof of purchase to solve this matter. Their number will be shown if you choose Activate by phone in the activation wizard.
    • Proposed as answer by juancortez Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:36 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:46 AM
  • PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME as I have the expensive original DVD's but can't use.

One way of looking at it is that the DVDs are worthless, and all the value is contained in the license key.

I hope that you can find the original key. Microsoft Activation support can check the validity of the key, but I don't know what they'd be willing to do for you if you copied down one of the characters incorrectly.

Maybe you could experiment: "8" for "B", "6" for "G", etc. That's the sort of error I make all the time. I make a point of scanning the license keys and having multiple copies (hard and soft) to preserve my precious funds. 

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

For validation problems, please post your query in the Genuine Windows 7 forum:

Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7) Forum

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 30, 2011 10:02 AM
  • ya i understand u mine got probs with F**K win XP thats y i wanted to put win 7 on this new computer and its  an advantage for business and studies purposes
    Monday, December 03, 2012 9:23 AM