none
Windows 7 Ultimate Download or Trial

Question

• Hi,

I have a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit cd key, but the disk with the software on it was damaged in storage and doesn't work. Any chance there is a trial I can upgrade out there or a link I can download the Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit software and use my key to activate it?

Thanks for the help
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:52 PM

Answers

• If you purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 from an online or physical store, go to the following link and read that article about replacing lost or damaged media. You must be in possession of the product (if it is damaged or defective) and be able to provide proof of purchase.

How to replace damaged, defective, or lost Microsoft software or hardware

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

First of all, I want to tell you that you can’t use your key to active a trial version Windows 7. You can only active your Windows 7 ultimate from an ultimate version.

How do you get your Windows 7 disk? Do you get it from the OEM or somewhere else? If you get the disk from the OEM, you can get one more disk from them.

Or  you can borrow a Windows 7 Ultimate disk from one of your friends. And install the Windows 7 through the disk.

If your friends don’t have such a disk, you can contact Microsoft to see whether you can get a disk.

You can now download a trial version to have a use. And after getting the disk, you should have a clean installation of Windows 7 ultimate.

You can download here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx

If you have some other problems, please post here.

Friday, February 26, 2010 9:43 AM

All replies

• If you purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 from an online or physical store, go to the following link and read that article about replacing lost or damaged media. You must be in possession of the product (if it is damaged or defective) and be able to provide proof of purchase.

How to replace damaged, defective, or lost Microsoft software or hardware

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

First of all, I want to tell you that you can’t use your key to active a trial version Windows 7. You can only active your Windows 7 ultimate from an ultimate version.

How do you get your Windows 7 disk? Do you get it from the OEM or somewhere else? If you get the disk from the OEM, you can get one more disk from them.

Or  you can borrow a Windows 7 Ultimate disk from one of your friends. And install the Windows 7 through the disk.

If your friends don’t have such a disk, you can contact Microsoft to see whether you can get a disk.

You can now download a trial version to have a use. And after getting the disk, you should have a clean installation of Windows 7 ultimate.

You can download here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx

If you have some other problems, please post here.

Friday, February 26, 2010 9:43 AM
  • can u send it to me on my e-mail adress <email removed for privacy>
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:04 AM