none
What is cli.exe in the task manager..

Question

• I keep getting this in my task manager. I end the process but it keeps popping up more than once. How do I get rid of it, and what is the cause?
    Thanks
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 7:23 PM

All replies

• Thats the "ATI Command Line Interface" it is usually shown as an icon in your system tray and its the interface for the "ATI Catalyst Control Center". unless you do a lot of gaming, that can be taken off startup. that isnt necessary for the graphics card to work, its just a interface to make changes to the graphics of your system.
    • Proposed as answer by securityguy14 Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:36 AM
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 7:48 PM
  • I'm having another computer problem that may or may not be virus related.  My computer runs slow on startup, but when I look at the task master, it has been saying that CLI.EXE is running 98-99% of the CPU capacity.  I end it and things seem fine. 
    I've run a couple of different virus protection programs, each claimed to find something, but this problem persists.
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Thanks securityguy14 but I think it was trojan related. I used a free program called combofix which seems to have resolved it. GbugDad you might want to try it as well....

Friday, December 11, 2009 3:27 AM