none
Windows Update error code 800B0100

Question

• Hi,

Installing SP1 progress bar stays at 0% and after 1 minute I get error "Code 800B0100"

I never installed beta before just “pre-requisites” today !

problem: CbsPackageServicingFailure
    Stack Version:    6.0.6001.17052
    Package:    VistaSP1-KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.17052
    Failure Source:    CBS Other
    Start State:    Absent
    Target State:    Staged

any ideas

thanks in advance
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:23 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue.  I am on a domain, Thinkpad T61 vista ultimate 32 bit preinstalled. 

I notice this in the event log

Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package KB936330 (Service Pack) into Absent(Absent) state

This error happens 3 times and then i get the same error code described above.

I have noticed problems getting updates through my domain based WSUS.

Ive gone through the settings, and all is as its supposed to be on the update server, other vista desktops can connect, i just get errror 8024402C (yes ive checked firewalls, network connections, and all the other recommended stuff)

Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:23 PM
  • Hello,

I am running Vista Ultimate and I have been getting a lot of failed undates. Sometimes they fail for sevral days then unexpectedly succeed. I have been trying to install

Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)

Installation date: ‎12/‎15/‎2007 4:36 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800B0100

Update type: Recommended

This update resolves some compatibility and reliability issues in Windows Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve better reliability and hardware compatibility in various scenarios. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941649

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com

For two or three days now but keep getting the same 800B0100 error. I tried downloading the patch and running it separately but to no availail. I even tried running it will all the non-essential services turned off using the startup configuration tool but that didn't work either. Is it possible I need to reinstall my windows updater? If someone thinks this might help, is their a KB article on how to do it? Or, has someone else tried this?

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Wallace,C Friday, September 11, 2009 7:04 PM
    Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:45 AM
  • Ok guys, as you all know Vista and Server 2008 use the same service packs.  I was getting the same error when trying the initial updates.  I finally had to turn all the Windows firewall and enhanced security configurations off to enable this to go through.
    • Proposed as answer by Wallace,C Friday, September 11, 2009 7:06 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 7:06 PM
  • If you receive the Windows Update error 800b0100, it means that a file needed by Windows Update is not registered with Windows correctly. The System Update Readiness Tool can correct some conditions that cause this error. To use the tool, follow these steps:

1. Go to the System Update Readiness Tool webpage. In the Information for advanced users section, find the version of Windows and system type of your computer, and then click the link to download the System Update Readiness Tool. If you don't know which version of Windows you have, see View your computer information.

2. Run Windows Update again.

Note

Typically, the scan takes 15 minutes or less, but it can take longer on some computers. The Windows Update progress bar is not updated during the scan, and progress seems to stop at 60% complete for some time. This behavior is expected. The scan is still running and you should not cancel the update.

If the problem persists after you take these steps, go to the Microsoft Update Solution Center website to find more information about the error code or to request support by e‑mail.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:50 PM