none
Win 7: My Taskbar is stuck in the middle of screen

Question

• When my computer has been inacttive for a while, when the screen comes up again,  the quicklaunch bar sits about 1/4 of the way up the screen, and extends maybe 4/5 of the screen widthwise.
    When I drag it around - first pining it to the sides, then the tip of the screen, then the sides again it suddenly starts to act normal again, coming to the full length of the screen and pining to the bottom of the screen.
    This is obviously not a show stopper, but it is annoying.
    My guess it is something about the resolution of the screen being one size, and the task bar being another.  Obviously, I have no clue on how to fix it.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:13 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Does the problem still happen in a new account? You can also try to update the display card driver. I have a similar problem as yours: the display resolution was changed after resuming the computer from sleep mode. And this problem was resolved by using another display card driver.

Thomas77
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Try to lock the taskbar:

Right click Taskbar and choose Lock.

If the issue persists, I recommend you test the problem in an new account:

1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel.
    2. Click View by and select small icons, double click "User Accounts".
    3. Click "Manager another account" and click "Create a new account".
    4. Input the user name, select "Computer administrator" as the desired account type, and then click "Create Account".
    5. Restart your computer and log on as the new created user account.

Thomas77
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:48 AM
  • OK, let me try that. 
    I had done a clean install of Windows 7 some time ago, and this only happens when I wake up the screen.  (Not sure if that's the right way to say it.)  But - during the night, the screen goes blank.  So when I diddle the mouse in the morning to wake up the screen I find the taskbar stuck in the lower quiarter of the screen - almost like the taskbar was at one resolution and the screen on another.  Then I need to move the taskbar to pin it to the sides a couple of times, and then it becomes nor,al.  While it is in that weird positon, I cannot move it down to the bottom of the screen.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:35 AM
  • Hello,

Does the problem still happen in a new account? You can also try to update the display card driver. I have a similar problem as yours: the display resolution was changed after resuming the computer from sleep mode. And this problem was resolved by using another display card driver.

Thomas77
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 7:35 AM