none
Windows 7 will not wake from sleep mode

General discussion

• I have an issue that I have not seen specifically addressed.

My wife went to use our W7 machine yesterday and phoned me in a panic that nothing worked.

After getting her to turn off the power supply, and let it sit for a few minutes to eliminate the potential of retained instructions, she turned it back on, but could not get the computer to start. (pwere issue I thought).

When I arrived home last evening, I again turned the power supply off and let it sit for a few minutes while AI looked at other possiblities.

I re-started the power supply and hit the switch, and on it came.  As it booted up, there were a number of pauses and black screens as if the O/S was recovering in some way.  ventually all seemed stable, and on we went.

this morning she called me at work agin to report that the same thing had happened, the computer is in sleep mode, the powere supply has power, but the machine will not respond.  After turning the PS off and on, no luck. The O/S will not boot, and the POST does nto even start.

So I am assuming that it has something to do with power management.  I should say that I had a pre-release candidate on the machine for about 4 months.  I then upgrade to Ultimate about 2 weeks ago.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sorry but I have no hardwareinfomration as I am at work and the machine in question is at home.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,
       Getting exactly the same thing. Its driving me nuts.

I originally was getting the system refusing to shutdown. Always restarting. I relied on Sleep mode to keep me sane but now that has started doing the same as you reported.

Put it to sleep. Stays a sleep. Only a isolating the power and doin a fresh install works.

This is completely consistant now.

I can't shutdown or use sleep.

I'll let you know if I work anything out.

I have a Q660 CPU, Nividia 275 (ALthough that's recentely upgraded and it did the same thing), Creative Xfi, Abit IN9 Max 32 Motherboard.

Thanks Rich.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:06 PM
  • second result googling this issue and absolutely useless info here....nice work google
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:02 PM