none
Just upgraded from XP to Win 7 and the microphone is not working. HP Pavilion dv 2000 Lap Top.

Question

• I just upgraded to win 7 from XP and now my microphones are not working.  I have the HP Pavilion 2000 Lap Top.  Any suggestions???
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:16 PM

Answers

• I see that model does not have Windows 7 drivers. You may have to install the Vista drivers in compatibility mode. For your model, drill down into which 2000 model you have, then select which Vista drivers (are you running 64bit? if not - don't select Vista 64bit). Go here for more instructions HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, January 04, 2010 3:04 AM
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Hi RichCampe,

I agree with cdobbs that the issue should be related to the driver. Please contact HP directly and confirm if they have published the driver for Windows 7. If not, could you please provide the exact model of your HP Pavilion dv 2000 laptop?

Also, you can run Windows Troubleshooting tool to check the issue. To do this, please go to Start, type microphone in to the Search box and then press Enter -> click "Find and fix audio recording problems" -> follow the wizard to check if the issue can be resolved.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, December 28, 2009 7:51 AM

All replies

• I see that model does not have Windows 7 drivers. You may have to install the Vista drivers in compatibility mode. For your model, drill down into which 2000 model you have, then select which Vista drivers (are you running 64bit? if not - don't select Vista 64bit). Go here for more instructions HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Hi RichCampe,

I agree with cdobbs that the issue should be related to the driver. Please contact HP directly and confirm if they have published the driver for Windows 7. If not, could you please provide the exact model of your HP Pavilion dv 2000 laptop?

Also, you can run Windows Troubleshooting tool to check the issue. To do this, please go to Start, type microphone in to the Search box and then press Enter -> click "Find and fix audio recording problems" -> follow the wizard to check if the issue can be resolved.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, December 28, 2009 7:51 AM