none
Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection.

Question

• I am having an issue getting on the internet with my desktop.  I did nothing new with it, did not reformat it or anything, just one day kicked me off the internet.  I contact my isp and they went thru everything they could with me and still nothing got fixed.  They told me to move on to Microsoft.  I found another post on here with the same problem that I have, but it was never answered.  So here we go again.  I am running Window XP Professional.  The computer is self-built not a factory design, not by me of course.  This is what is going on and everything that has been done!

I tried to set up a network but when I go through all the steps it just says "You are now finished." I also tried both automatically and manually entering the TCP/IP addresses. When I try to repair a connection it states "Windows cannot finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot completed. Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed." I've unplugged the routers several times and rebooted even more. There also were 3 or 4 types of connections before the reformat. Now there are only 1394 Connections 1 and 2. There is no 'QoS packet' in any of the properties of either. When I run 'ipconfig' in command it says Windows IP Configuration and than goes back to the cursor. I am fairly non-computer literate so excuse me if I am leaving out any thing or  have difficulty understanding your answers. The router and modem have to be working fine I assume because I still get internet on my laptop. So maybe something with the motherboard drivers or something else that I am missing. Thank you for your time in reading this and/or help!

Please please help me!  I want to get this computer back up!  Please don't post another link to a forum...if you could just please post something that will help me get it back online.  The IP address and everything like that is blank.  There is no IP/Subnet Mask/Default Network.  I know that the modem and router work because we have several other computers that work perfectly fine.  This one just all of a sudden doesn't want to. 

Thank you so much for you time and help.  Please get back to me!

Saturday, August 16, 2008 2:34 AM

Answers