none
Mouse is erratic and non-responsive after upgrade to Win7

Question

• After upgrading from Vista (32 bit) to Win7 Home Premium (32 bit, clean install), my wireless mouse will not allow me to select and copy, enlarge open windows, drag the scroll bar, or move icons on the desktop. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Windows and Logitech software; also tried the Vista version software - same problems.

In trying to select text, it will either not highlight, or the highlight will go away when I then try to right-click and copy. Cannot click and drag to highlight lines of text - highlight jumps around or doesn't happen. On the desktop, trying to click and drag an icon, I get no response, or it opens the item, or I get a 'lasso'.  Trying to enlarge an open window, it pops off and opens the window below it. Trying to drag the scroll bar down in EI 8, it goes no where.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating, as I cannot do much of anything. They wireless keyboard is fine.

Thanks,
    AAlice
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:35 PM

Answers

• I just updated the chipset drivers for Win 7 by downloading from Intel (Dell did not have them). Windows had not installed the latest drivers, even though it continued to tell me they were the latest.

This appears to have solved my problem. I have revisited every website I was on today, trying to select and copy text, and there now appears to be no problem.

AAlice
    • Marked as answer by AAlice Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:50 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:50 PM

All replies

• I just updated the chipset drivers for Win 7 by downloading from Intel (Dell did not have them). Windows had not installed the latest drivers, even though it continued to tell me they were the latest.

This appears to have solved my problem. I have revisited every website I was on today, trying to select and copy text, and there now appears to be no problem.

AAlice
    • Marked as answer by AAlice Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:50 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:50 PM
  • I am having the same problem, but i do not understand exactly which drivers you updated? Was it drivers related to your mouse? or motherboard? or cpu? or video car?
    If you do not mind to elaborate so i can pin point the problem and solve it as well.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:27 AM