none
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit STOP 0x00000019

Question

• Hi,

Since two weeks I had 3 bleu screens with my new laptop that I bought in february. This blue screen happens at random. The message is:

BAD_POOL_HEADER

STOP 0x00000019

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I searched on the internet and on some forums they said to test your memory with MemTest. Well I did that and than I saw: Passess = 1 , Errors = 0

So I don't know what this fault can be and I really hope that someone have a solution for me, I have exams in a week and I really need my laptop.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

• To solid troubleshoot the blue screen issue, you’d better collect the minidump file and contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for analyzing the source file and debugging code. Basically, you can try the following methods:

1.     Check the disk error using chkdks /r command.

2.     Scan the system file using sfc /scannow command.

3.     Use Memory Diagnostic utility to check memory.

1)    Reboot computer, keep pressing F8, choose "Repair Your Computer" when startup menu appear.

2)    Click "Next" and type user password  if prompt, click next.

3)    Press the Tab key on the keyboard to highlight "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and press the Enter key.

4.     Update all device drivers and install updates.

BTW, please take the following steps to collect the minidump file:

Collect Minidump Files
    =================
    1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
    2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".
    3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.
    4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
    2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".
    3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.
    4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
    5. Upload to SkyDrive.

Best Regards

Dale

Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:26 AM
  • My minidump was memory.dmp and on some forums they said this was a memory fault so that leads me to memory.

I also changed my memory and my problem seems to be fixed. Ofcourse you can first reinstall your windows 7.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:50 PM

All replies

• This indicates that a pool header is corrupt. For detailed information, please see:

Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER

Best Regards

Dale

Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:54 AM
  • Thanks, but how I can fix it?
    Thursday, May 06, 2010 8:58 AM
  • To solid troubleshoot the blue screen issue, you’d better collect the minidump file and contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for analyzing the source file and debugging code. Basically, you can try the following methods:

3.     Use Memory Diagnostic utility to check memory.

1)    Reboot computer, keep pressing F8, choose "Repair Your Computer" when startup menu appear.

2)    Click "Next" and type user password  if prompt, click next.

3)    Press the Tab key on the keyboard to highlight "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and press the Enter key.

4.     Update all device drivers and install updates.

BTW, please take the following steps to collect the minidump file:

Collect Minidump Files
    =================
    1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
    2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".
    3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.
    4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
    2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".
    3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.
    4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
    5. Upload to SkyDrive.

Best Regards

Dale

Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:26 AM
  • If I try this vommands in Run

It doesn't work

Thursday, May 06, 2010 11:30 AM
  • I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. How about collecting the minidump file for a further troubleshooting?

Best Regards

Dale

Friday, May 07, 2010 7:16 AM
  • I too have seen a recent bout of BSoDs out of my Windows 7 Pro machine. Built 11/09, ran fine until around 4/20/10, then started crashing. At first, it was a crash if I did a manual hibernate, on wake would generate a stop. Now, no matter what I am doing I get a stop after about 10-20 minutes. The worst part is, the stops are all different. I have seen IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, and today BAD_POOL_HEADER. I had allowed Windows to update automatically until 4/27/10. After that I tried rolling back to the earliest recovery date I had, 4/21/10. Then installed updates 1 at a time. I also updated the video card drivers, and the mobo chipset drivers. Windows has told me during reboots that the hardware was failing, that the disk has been corrupted, that there is a memory error... just random. chkdsk did find and fix some bad links, windows defender found and removed my Logitech Registration software (I don't know why this was flagged, but it was), Spybot found nothing out of the ordinary. I am completely lost. I think I will end up calling Microsoft for the first time in my life, as my Linux install is running like a rock.

Some of the most recent minidumps. http://cid-6bef02c40157a02a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

• Edited by ckilbyiii Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:13 AM Added minidumps
    Sunday, May 09, 2010 5:43 AM
  • Put some new RAM in your pc, I think that will solve your problem.
    Sunday, May 09, 2010 11:28 AM
  • memtestx86 and Linux disagrees with Windows. Memtest ran for about 20 hours at tight timings (7-7-7-16) before I got bored and shut it down. I usually run 8-8-8-24 for everyday use. I also have a Ubuntu install on the same machine, it hasn't given me a single issue.

What leads you to believe memory?

Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:43 PM
  • My minidump was memory.dmp and on some forums they said this was a memory fault so that leads me to memory.

I also changed my memory and my problem seems to be fixed. Ofcourse you can first reinstall your windows 7.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:50 PM
  • hmm i have this same problem, os= w7 ultimate x64, running on quad core amdII, im going to flash my bois n run memtests soon, but i am discouraged because i just built this pc from scratch, all new parts, and the ram is G.Skill Ripjaws series 4gb (2x2gb) 240-pin ddr3 ram, was 100$ for the 2 sticks, i would be surprised if they were faulty to be honest, i think this problem might be something else ill post my results after memtest and bios flash. hope to find some kind of solution, as im pretty sure this ram test will come out fine, well see ^.^

*edit* i ran chckdisk and sfc scan now, both finished, i hav .dmp files i will be looking to send after i complete these other 2 things.

• Proposed as answer by TAN-Admin Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:27 AM
  • Hi Dale. This has been happening to me lately after I began using a SSD for my main system and program disk. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I disconnected a drive while running, but I'm not sure. I'm in AHCI mode and I understood that I was able to hotswap. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Anyway, I have my minidump files here :http://cid-7b7172156350a718.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=7B7172156350A718!294 if you could help at all. Thanks so much. 

Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:54 AM
  • I have my minidump files here :http://cid-7b7172156350a718.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=7B7172156350A718!294 if you could help at all. Thanks so much. 

the crash occurs because of the following driver:

Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
    fffff880`0317e0d8 fffff800`02c044b3 nt!KeBugCheckEx
    fffff880`0317e0e0 fffff880`05f039cf nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0xa53
    fffff880`0317e1d0 fffff800`02f7dc16 tdx!TdxTdiDispatchCreate+0x10f
    fffff880`0317e270 fffff880`05f381de nt!IovCallDriver+0x566
    fffff880`0317e2d0 fffff980`2ad8eea0 bckd+0xd1de

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\bckd.sys
        Image name: bckd.sys
        Timestamp:        Mon Dec 20 23:48:21 2010

So update the driver and look if it is fixed.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Having this same problem but it seems to happen always about 5 mins after log in. BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday, September 02, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Thanks, but how I can fix it?
    THIS ERROR WAS FIXED FOR ME BY REPLACING MY HARD DRIVE
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Dale you're an idiot...the command, which you typed 3 times is chkdsk /r NOT chkdks /r.

Sorry,

Bill

Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:54 PM
  • Hi,

I'm also havng the same problem. BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x19. I'd appreciate if somebody can help. The minidumps are located:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=89e0fbc371d27d6a&resid=89E0FBC371D27D6A!107&parid=89E0FBC371D27D6A!105

Thanx
    Sunday, April 01, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Hello,

I have got the same problem I try the solution bad nothing has happend. Can you please give me same advise. I have my minidumps in the below link on skydrive.

Thanks in advance

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e0265ef3e7fdbc31&resid=E0265EF3E7FDBC31!138&parid=root

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:40 PM
  • I've uploaded my minidump files to public for some assistance.  Am getting constant bsod.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 4:07 PM