none
function keys for audio device not working

Question

• when i installed windows 7 the functions keys for my audio device stopped working. they worked fine when i tryed the beta for windoes 7 and my other function keys work.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:28 AM

Answers

• You need the ATK_Hotkey UTILITY for all the functions of the Fn keys, such as sound volume.  Asus does not have any Win 7 utilities and drivers for you laptop posted, just Vista.  The Vista utilites and drivers may or may not work.  Your alternative is to search the internet for Win 7 utilites and drivers for your hardware, but Windows will not provide them  A good place to start is on-line forums for your laptop and Asus Support has their own forums.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:52 PM
  • thanks, took me a few mins to find free drivers but once i did they worked great first try
    • Marked as answer by KingJames1120 Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM

All replies

• And just what system are you talking about?  Is this a laptop, a desktop, or what?

Provide enough information about your system for someone to make and informed recommendation!
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:50 PM
  • i have an asus g1s laptop 32 bit that i got 2 years ago. i had vista home premium and i got the upgrade for windows 7.

let me know what other info you need

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:03 PM
  • You need the ATK_Hotkey UTILITY for all the functions of the Fn keys, such as sound volume.  Asus does not have any Win 7 utilities and drivers for you laptop posted, just Vista.  The Vista utilites and drivers may or may not work.  Your alternative is to search the internet for Win 7 utilites and drivers for your hardware, but Windows will not provide them  A good place to start is on-line forums for your laptop and Asus Support has their own forums.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:52 PM
  • thanks, took me a few mins to find free drivers but once i did they worked great first try
    • Marked as answer by KingJames1120 Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM