none
Windows 7 starter to ultimate

Question

• How can i get back to windows 7 starter now that the installed on my pc is ultimate which is not genuie. i still have the product key for my starter but dont have any installing device. thanks
    Friday, February 11, 2011 6:23 AM

Answers

• You must completely reinstall Windows to go back to Starter.

OEM computer manufacturers are required to provide at least one way for you to reinstall Windows if you buy a computer with Windows preinstalled - your computer should have included either a restore partition (check your manual) on your hard drive, or Windows install/restore disks.

If you don't have either contact the OEM computer manufacturer and ask them to send you an install disk for your computer - they may or may not do it. If they agree to send you one they may charge a small fee.

Before you reinstall, try phone activation for your current install.

Call Microsoft Using Manual Phone Activation
    If you are currently installing Windows - at the Enter Your Product Key page, do not enter your key and uncheck "Automatically Activate When Online" then click OK/Next to finish the installation.

If you have trouble activating Windows 7 open the Windows Activation Wizard while in Windows 7 to obtain a phone number to call Microsoft and activate Windows:
    1. When you reach the desktop click Start, then in the Search box type:  slui.exe 4
    2. Press Enter on your Keyboard
    3. Select your Country.
    4. Select the Phone Activation option, then call the number given and hold for a real person.

For more details: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html  

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
    FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
    Friday, February 11, 2011 9:33 AM