none
"autochk program not found skipping autocheck"

Answers

All replies

• :o(

Monday, October 25, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Hi, thank you for posting here.

After checking your issue, it seems the system files missed or broken, please try to use installation Disk to repair your system:

1)    Please insert the Windows 7 DVD and reboot the computer.

2)    When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3)    Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4)    Click Repair your computer.

5)    Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6)    On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

If Startup Repair still fails, please use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows Vista or Windows 7.

This is the similar thread you can refer:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7repair/thread/46a244b4-970b-4753-9bbd-002916471f87

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:35 AM
  • hey there, i know im a bit late :P

i had that same problem too, but i am an actual human that knows how to fix your problem. now boot up your computer with your windows 7 install/recovery disk, or use a recovery partition (you may not have one) but try to navigate to your command prompt. once youre there run the command bootrec /rebuildbcd

let it scan and then type y (for yes) and it should boot again

if that alone dosent work try bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot

that should do the trick :)

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:40 PM
  • What if the bootrec /fix mbr and bootrec /fixboot doesn't work even though it says it was completed successfully? 

What should I do? cause these above didn't work for me. 

• Edited by gavinisgi Monday, January 13, 2014 6:29 PM more info
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:28 PM
  • Hello,

In my case, it was the flag "hidden" of the partition that was in an ambiguous state. When reading this flag (with GParted) it was marked as not hidden, but in fact, it was.

What I just did is to flag it as hidden then flag it as not hidden successively and all my problems have dissapeared.

I spent lot of time over internet to search an answer to this problem without result (windows repair fix mbr and so on), so I wrote this answer for everyone and  hope this will help because it is a really strange and not obvious bug (or a misundertood behavior in partitioning from myself)

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 9:20 PM