none
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'.

Question

• Hi, whenever i open my system it shows a message as 

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'. 

i saw event viewer i didnt find the issue even i usw microsoft fix it . it didn't work, please help me to get rid from these ridiculous pop -up message. waiting for your response.

thankyou..

Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:24 AM

Answers

• On 4/13/2013 10:24 PM, RAHULSINGHTHAKUR wrote:

Hi, whenever i open my system it shows a message as Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'.

i saw event viewer i didnt find the issue even i usw microsoft fix it . it didn't work, please help me to get rid from these ridiculous pop -up message. waiting for your response.

thankyou..

That is a programming error you can't fix with any tool. Some programmer did something wrong when he or she wrote the program, and the program is aborting.

In simple terms,  "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String",  means the program, and this is a simplistic example, has a horse and the program is being told to make it a bird.
    The program is blowing-up/terminating saying that it can't make or cast the horse be a bird.
     The program needs to be replaced with a new version that's going to make the cast correctly in the code. The program is going to blow-up every time that section of code is run.
     You can view the O/S event logs and find out what program is blowing up and stop running the program. You may or may not be able to alert the authors of the program and notify them of the situation.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:49 AM
  • thanks for your precious suggestion...

so you want to say that i would let my system  be like this,can't i stop the appearence of pop up message.

.\Which new version should i install so as to make it better.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:08 PM
  • On 4/14/2013 8:08 AM, RAHULSINGHTHAKUR wrote:

thanks for your precious suggestion...

so you want to say that i would let my system  be like this,can't i stop the appearence of pop up message.

Nope, there is nothing you can do other than to stop running the program or remove/uninstall the program off of the computer.

This program is most likely developed by a 3rd party vendor, and the program most likely has nothing to do with any MS programs or the O/S itself. You may or may not be able to get a new version of the program, but if you find out what the program name is and the vendor that wrote the program, you can contact the vendor directly hopefully.

The trick for you is to identify what program is blowing up. The program name may be in the error message as part of the error message you posted, or you may be able to go to the O/S Event logs and see if you can find out the program name of the program that is aborting by looking in the logs. You should base looking in the logs based on what date and times you encounter the problem to pinpoint what program is doing it.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:04 PM
  • Thankyou very much.

Can you please tell me that if i format my system would there be surity of non-appearance of these kind of message?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:11 AM
  • On 4/16/2013 7:11 AM, RAHULSINGHTHAKUR wrote:

Thankyou very much.

Can you please tell me that if i format my system would there be surity of non-appearance of these kind of message?

Why don't you find out the name the program that is doing it by looking at the O/S's Event logs. Sure, you can wipe out and format the entire HD. But what's to say that you won't install the program again, since you don't what program is doing it?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• On 4/13/2013 10:24 PM, RAHULSINGHTHAKUR wrote:

Hi, whenever i open my system it shows a message as Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'.

thankyou..

That is a programming error you can't fix with any tool. Some programmer did something wrong when he or she wrote the program, and the program is aborting.

In simple terms,  "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String",  means the program, and this is a simplistic example, has a horse and the program is being told to make it a bird.
    The program is blowing-up/terminating saying that it can't make or cast the horse be a bird.
     The program needs to be replaced with a new version that's going to make the cast correctly in the code. The program is going to blow-up every time that section of code is run.
     You can view the O/S event logs and find out what program is blowing up and stop running the program. You may or may not be able to alert the authors of the program and notify them of the situation.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:49 AM
  • thanks for your precious suggestion...

so you want to say that i would let my system  be like this,can't i stop the appearence of pop up message.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:08 PM
  • On 4/14/2013 8:08 AM, RAHULSINGHTHAKUR wrote:

thanks for your precious suggestion...

so you want to say that i would let my system  be like this,can't i stop the appearence of pop up message.

Nope, there is nothing you can do other than to stop running the program or remove/uninstall the program off of the computer.

This program is most likely developed by a 3rd party vendor, and the program most likely has nothing to do with any MS programs or the O/S itself. You may or may not be able to get a new version of the program, but if you find out what the program name is and the vendor that wrote the program, you can contact the vendor directly hopefully.

The trick for you is to identify what program is blowing up. The program name may be in the error message as part of the error message you posted, or you may be able to go to the O/S Event logs and see if you can find out the program name of the program that is aborting by looking in the logs. You should base looking in the logs based on what date and times you encounter the problem to pinpoint what program is doing it.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:04 PM
  • Thankyou very much.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:11 AM
  • On 4/16/2013 7:11 AM, RAHULSINGHTHAKUR wrote:

Thankyou very much.

Why don't you find out the name the program that is doing it by looking at the O/S's Event logs. Sure, you can wipe out and format the entire HD. But what's to say that you won't install the program again, since you don't what program is doing it?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:45 PM
  • sir please suggest me the simplest way to get rid of these issue, my system is slowing down from all these stuff "unable to cast object of type system boolean to object type system string?

there must be something in system through command(command prompt or dos) language i can do, i want my system to prevent these from blowing off or terminating? please suggest me the steps to tackle. I hope you will make me understand in simple terms.. thankyou..

Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:25 AM
  • I have the same issue - how do I access the O/S events log to find the program causing the problem?
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:46 AM