none
please I'm dying help me ! my laptop has no sound card with xp

Question

•  

I have a dell laptop 6400 with preinstalled windows vista ( and soundcard is sigmatel 9200 ) . because i didn’t like vista i installed xp pro instead

everything is fine with xp but there was no sound. I found out that there is no sound card driver installed and when i search for sound in device manager i get three "base device" errors, one of them was a PCI device error.

i downloaded driver from Dell web site but didin't work . I tried the driver CD that came with Vista.

Please help me please help me

Thanks in advance

Al

Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for posting!

I performed a search and found the drivers for Windows XP (though I think you may have tried them):

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&osl=EN&catid=3&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400%2FE1505&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en

Based on my experience, the problem you described is quite possibly related to the error in driver or device. For further support on this issue, please contact DELL and report that!

Besides, I’m sorry to hear that you don’t like Windows Vista. Could you tell me why? If you find some problems or unsatisfying features in using Windows Vista, please just post them in this forum. We’re happy to help you.

Thanks!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, November 22, 2007 11:53 AM