none
Windows 8 Remote Desktop connects then disconnects right away

Question

• I recently purchased a lenovo computer that came with windows 8, so I bought and upgraded it to windows 8 pro.  I've been trying to use RDP into this new PC from my windows 8 pro laptop but every time, the RDP connects and I can almost see the desktop then it disconnects.  I've tried this from two of my laptops and the same results.  Always it logs into the Pc then logs off right away.  

I've checked to make sure the users are authorized and I've ensured the firewall is switched off.  I've read on the net that the wifi printers could cause this issue, but I don't have a wifi printer.  I'm not sure what else to try.  Please let me know. 

Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:48 PM

Answers

• -Make sure firewall is off

-Go to control panel, open system, remote settings, Allow Connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (Less Secure)

-Open regedit as administrator.
    HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService
    Change object name from "Localsystem" to "NT Authority\NetworkService"

Reboot vm and retry rdp to vm

Monday, September 23, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• -Make sure firewall is off

-Go to control panel, open system, remote settings, Allow Connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (Less Secure)

-Open regedit as administrator.
    HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService
    Change object name from "Localsystem" to "NT Authority\NetworkService"

Reboot vm and retry rdp to vm

Monday, September 23, 2013 4:22 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue.
    Windows 8.1 vm joined to domain running on ESXi 5.1 host.

RDP connects then immediately disconnects.
    All settings were already as you specified.

This is a clean install with no AV or anything enabled as yet.

Any other ideas?

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:43 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  I Have checked the settings that are mentioned and they are correct.

Does anyone have an update or solution to this.

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 5:19 PM
  • I had the exact same problem on a new Alienwar X51. Went to Dell online support, to check for driver updates and this was solved by updating the video card driver.

Sunday, March 09, 2014 5:49 PM