none
Problem in installing apps from app store.

Question

• Hello, when i try to install free apps from windows store, it shows "installing..." for long time, after that it says, "Your purchased could not be completed, something happened and purchased can't be completed"
    Now, how can i use apps??
    Monday, November 05, 2012 2:09 PM

Answers

• Well, if you really want good suggestion (from the person who works with Microsoft technologies over 26 years every single day) here is the one: never use any third-party software, especially Antivirus, unless Microsoft does not have one. If you really want to fix this issue follow these simple steps:

1. Install Windows 8 from scratch. It takes approx. 6 minutes to install Windows 8 from fast USB key. All you need is 4GB USB key with Windows 8 on it. Boot from USB, click Next --> Next --> Finish and you are done

2. Connect to internet (if you use Wi-Fi) and try installing APPS from the Store. If it works - you know you fixed the problem (whatever the problem is). If it does not work, check your Internet connection that you have it open and working properly. Out of the box (mean from USB) Windows 8 connected to Internet has no issues installing APPS. Of course you need to sign in with your Microsoft account (Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.ca etc.)

3. Install required applications like Java (www.java.com), Silverlight and Antivirus (again use only Microsoft Antivirus - it is free and it is the best antivirus today!). Install other APPS as required (Office for instance)

4. Start enjoying Windows 8 in full!

Monday, November 05, 2012 2:57 PM

All replies

• How you connect to Internet? Do you have any kind of PROXY server? Or you are connected from home? Or from work?

Monday, November 05, 2012 2:22 PM
  • No, i have no proxy server. I use a WiMax internet modem. However, from another one's post here in this forum applied a technique like: temporarily disabling antivirus I tried to install. Now it is purchased successfully but when i click install button it says "pending..." and keep remain this pending. Now, give me your suggestion. 
    Monday, November 05, 2012 2:41 PM
  • Well, if you really want good suggestion (from the person who works with Microsoft technologies over 26 years every single day) here is the one: never use any third-party software, especially Antivirus, unless Microsoft does not have one. If you really want to fix this issue follow these simple steps:

1. Install Windows 8 from scratch. It takes approx. 6 minutes to install Windows 8 from fast USB key. All you need is 4GB USB key with Windows 8 on it. Boot from USB, click Next --> Next --> Finish and you are done

2. Connect to internet (if you use Wi-Fi) and try installing APPS from the Store. If it works - you know you fixed the problem (whatever the problem is). If it does not work, check your Internet connection that you have it open and working properly. Out of the box (mean from USB) Windows 8 connected to Internet has no issues installing APPS. Of course you need to sign in with your Microsoft account (Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.ca etc.)

3. Install required applications like Java (www.java.com), Silverlight and Antivirus (again use only Microsoft Antivirus - it is free and it is the best antivirus today!). Install other APPS as required (Office for instance)

4. Start enjoying Windows 8 in full!

Monday, November 05, 2012 2:57 PM
  • No, I didn't use any third party antivirus. It was windows defender, then i temporarily stopped that then download those apps. But still it shows "install pending.."
    Monday, November 05, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Ok, I gave you my steps, did you follow them?
    Monday, November 05, 2012 5:52 PM
  • I have the same problem, but - are you kidding with reinstallation of Windows 8? I've configured all options, installed a lot of software and reinstall windows isn't an option for me (an I think not only for me). Is there any other workaround for this problem?
    Friday, December 28, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Is there any other workaround for this problem?

FWIW my approach would be to elaborate on the symptom description.   E.g. use ProcMon to find out if any other diagnostics are being created and figure out what they imply.   There is also a troubleshooter for apps, (etc.) that you can get.   I would run ProcMon with that too, to see if it leaves any diagnostics about its efforts (which presumably you would need to look at if they were unsuccessful <w>).

C.f.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/why-wont-my-app-install/cdb4cd7b-e001-4db8-9677-c1a0933deb8a

(via Microsoft search for
        troubleshooter "microsoft store" app installation site:support.microsoft.com
    )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, December 28, 2012 7:25 PM