none
explorer.exe win7

Question

•   Under win7 i can not open "my computer" and other folders even "recycle bin".

The message:"explorer.exe:Server execution failed." appear.

But i can run applications non-microsoft like CCleaner, Revo etc..and IE under net.

How to proceed in order to repair it without loses.

Vasil.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:32 PM

All replies

• p.s. i have tried mentioned by others methods(type text in CMD; and change user account) but doesn't work.

when i try to select from start menu or after type in cmd  user account choice it, the message is the same "Server execution failed."  Briefly can not acces user accounts, my computer, control panel..etc.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:12 PM
  • p.s. Also had downloaded a zip software mentioned in other forum in order to run it over computer after extraction(unzip) with purpose to check and clean registers. But after i downloaded it- can not reach folder "downloads"  and as follow: can not unzip software nor run it.
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:18 PM
  • There is a known issue. You may try installing the hotfix to see if it will fix the problem.

Error message when you try to start Explorer.exe in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2: "Server Execution Failed"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2444677?wa=wsignin1.0

Monday, November 19, 2012 3:10 AM
  •   I did not find where to pay for it, so didn't download it.
    Monday, November 19, 2012 6:58 AM
  •   And please note that this can not help me in order, that i have to unpack it on hard drive, but i can not take access to it. So another way is to start hotfix from claud or other device connected to my.
    Monday, November 19, 2012 7:01 AM
  •  After many enrties, i had reinstall Win 7 -only solution for now. The best tip was, that when i had started to re-install(after i tried repair mode) Win asked me does it start with last known config. and restored Win XP- my previous O.S.-Wonderful O.S.
    Monday, December 03, 2012 12:28 PM