none
Control Panel does not reflect Current Preferred Power Policy

Question

• I have created a Power Policy based on the Balanced Power Policy, with a couple of modifications for the power button and closing the lid. I have noticed an issue when users attempt to modify the option in control panel to change when their screen turns off.
    What happens is if the user changes it to 1 minute, from the default of 2 minutes, the control panel saves it and performs correctly, if the user goes back into control panel, the settings reflect what the user wanted.
    If the user reboots their machine, the display will still power off after 1 minute, which is what the user wanted, but if they enter into the control panel, the settings show 2 minutes. As long as the user does not save the settings (clicks cancel instead), the screen will turn off after 1 minute of activity correctly.
    My issue is that the control panel "Power Options" utility does not reflect what is currently set when you go to the screen settings.

I have already followed the advice in KB 935799 to set the preferred power policy to be the customized one, and it does change the default behaviour when you open the "Change what the power buttons do" and "Change what happens when you close the lid" to what it should be (which was not the case before the advise in the KB article).

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to verify if you enabled any group policy which is related to Power Plan. What is your screen saver configuration?

Please perform clean boot, disable your security software, then change the settings for a test.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:32 AM