none
kernel_data_inpage_error windows 8

Question

• I have a new Laptop. Sony Vaio E-series Win 8 64bit preloaded. I am getting this error message unexpectedly, lately. Please help

Friday, September 06, 2013 7:44 AM

Answers

• We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

WE NEED AT LEAST TWO DMP FILES TO SPOT TRENDS AND CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS.

If you are overclocking (pushing the components beyond their design) you should revert to default at least until the crashing is solved. If you dont know what it is you probably are not overclocking.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.  
    The procedure:
    * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy (compress them)
    *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
    Link for how to  upload below.
    To ensure minidumps are enabled:
    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.
    Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    System specs are extremely useful so please include whatever you know.

Blue Screen View & Who Crashed are often wrong and should only be used in an emergency...

You can read more about BSODS here
    You can learn how to test your memory here

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, September 06, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

For such stop error, we can first run following command to check if there is any error in system file and disk which may cause this issue:

Method 1: Right click and run as administrator for command prompt, type SFC /scannow

let us know what it says at the end.

Method 2: Right click and run as administrator for command prompt, type CHKDSK /R /F.

While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found  when chkdsk tries to repair that sector  any data available on that sector might be lost.

If we cannot fix this issue, please do what ZigZag mentioned to upload dump file here for further research.

Keep post.

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 09, 2013 7:29 AM

All replies

• Don't you get an error code like 0x0000007A ? Do you have dmp files?

Don't forget about Alt+Esc!

Friday, September 06, 2013 7:48 AM
  • We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

WE NEED AT LEAST TWO DMP FILES TO SPOT TRENDS AND CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS.

If you are overclocking (pushing the components beyond their design) you should revert to default at least until the crashing is solved. If you dont know what it is you probably are not overclocking.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.  
    The procedure:
    * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy (compress them)
    *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
    Link for how to  upload below.
    To ensure minidumps are enabled:
    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.
    Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    System specs are extremely useful so please include whatever you know.

Blue Screen View & Who Crashed are often wrong and should only be used in an emergency...

You can read more about BSODS here
    You can learn how to test your memory here

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, September 06, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

For such stop error, we can first run following command to check if there is any error in system file and disk which may cause this issue:

Method 1: Right click and run as administrator for command prompt, type SFC /scannow

let us know what it says at the end.

Method 2: Right click and run as administrator for command prompt, type CHKDSK /R /F.

While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found  when chkdsk tries to repair that sector  any data available on that sector might be lost.

If we cannot fix this issue, please do what ZigZag mentioned to upload dump file here for further research.

Keep post.

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 09, 2013 7:29 AM
  • hi,

i have been suffering the same problem like the other users. my notebook has crashed 7times yesterday and 3times today. i've been trying fix the problem by following the solutions given here in the forum. but had no luck fixing it.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E570DDF970485656&id=E570DDF970485656%211131 <--- this are the DMP Files and the System Info (MSinfo32) mentioned above required for the diagnosis.

i also tried the command SFC /scannow, and the result below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking forward for a response from the experts.. thanks in advance..!

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 3:54 AM
  • LRF

Please run DISM as found at the end of this wiki

Please run a system file check (SFC)

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:21 AM
  • Same here but not good as new. Last year I bought a laptop Windows 8 OS and upgraded to 8.1 after 8 months. Then after 1 year (warranty expires), it started to run in error. It happens more or less 5 times a day. I don't know if it is connected to upgrading my OS to 8.1 or not, or maybe I downloaded apps with viruses. Hope you can help me too. Thanks in advance.
    Monday, March 10, 2014 9:21 AM