none
Temperature gadget

Question

• Is there any windows 7 gadget that can show CPU and Hard Disk Temperature without installing any extra software such as Speed Fan?
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:07 PM

Answers

• Is there any windows 7 gadget that can show CPU and Hard Disk Temperature without installing any extra software such as Speed Fan?
    Hi

No, I don't think that the Gadget extensibility would be able to provide this type of functionality without a third party product.

Gadgets simply provide an alternate, more convenient, way to display information that fully functional software/hardware components have already collected.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

• Proposed as answer by cdobbs Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:20 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:54 PM
  • No, you must have a 3rd party utility installed to provide the info, and use a gadget that is designed for that particular utility.

- JoelbX    My favorite threads | Computer tips
          Contact me | 'Gadget' programs              (Join my Folding@home team! )
    • Edited by JoelbX Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:34 PM edit signature :)
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:16 PM

All replies

• Somebody else had just asked that very question a few days ago, I'll have to see what the results of that question is once I find it. Keep thinking one of our regulars asked that.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:51 PM
    Hi

No, I don't think that the Gadget extensibility would be able to provide this type of functionality without a third party product.

Gadgets simply provide an alternate, more convenient, way to display information that fully functional software/hardware components have already collected.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:54 PM
  • No, you must have a 3rd party utility installed to provide the info, and use a gadget that is designed for that particular utility.

- JoelbX    My favorite threads | Computer tips
          Contact me | 'Gadget' programs              (Join my Folding@home team! )
    • Edited by JoelbX Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:34 PM edit signature :)
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:16 PM
  • I asked that a few days ago here: Any Gadget that shows system temp / fan speed info, etc.?
    Rich
    Friday, January 15, 2010 4:41 AM
  • Ahh, I knew it was somebody recently, thanks Rich.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Friday, January 15, 2010 4:56 AM