none
Bluetooth Devices cannot connect or discover Windows 7 PC with bluetooth

Question

• Hi there,

I have a HP Compaq CQ45 106AU laptop with the latest bluetooth drivers installed. The problem for me is the detection of my Windows 7 laptop(Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit) from other bluetooth devices. All the device is able to pair with my laptop but when ever i try to send a file from my mobile, either it is not discoverable or cannot be connected . I tried with a variety of bluetooth hand sets and the result is same. The files can be sent form laptop to mobile but not from mobile to laptop. I am sure that i set my laptop bluetooth setting to discoverable ( Allow Bluetooth Devices to Find this computer and Allow Bluetooth Devices to connect to this computer is ticked ) But still the bluetooth devices cannot find the laptop or connect to it.

I tried the bluetooth with Windows Virtual PC ( XP Mode ) in this same laptop and it is working perfectly. The devices can discover it and send files. It has to be some problem with the Windows 7 or drivers, that i can't still figure it out. :(

The bluetooth driver i installed is this

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-79179-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=4062&product=3781150&sw_lang=

Anyone experiencing the same?

Please help!

SHAAZZ
    Friday, January 28, 2011 5:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please login in Clean Boot, and you can follow this article to troubleshoot your issue with file transfer between Windows 7 and mobile:

http://www.7tutorials.com/transfer-files-between-devices-your-windows-7-pc-bluetooth.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also check your mobile is compatible with Windows 7 or not, you can check it on:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/

Furthermore, you can contact HP for further help to check if the problem relate with Bluetooth driver issue.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Hi leo HuangLijun <abbr class="affil" /> <abbr class="affil">,</abbr>

Thanks for replying. I logged in a Clean boot and tried transferring a file form my mobile, and the device was able to detect the laptop. But the problem was that i can't send files more than 500KB. I tried reinstalling the driver and still not possible to send. So i tried the vista version of the driver and finally it worked.  My mobile was able to detect and send files from it.

Thank You so much for your help! :)

SHAAZZ
    Monday, February 07, 2011 12:40 PM
  • Hi Shazz,

Can you let me know which phone you are using? I do face the same problem with windows 7 pc. Not able to transfer file from phone to windows 7 pc for more than 500 KB.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:52 PM
  • Sony Ericsson Yari (U100i). Try changing the drivers! Usually it will be the problem of drivers. :)
    SHAAZZ
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:56 PM