none
Windows 7 and Paperport 11

Question

• Can someone tell me how to add paperport as a Printer option..eg I want to turn a PDF file into a word doc using paperport scanner software as convertor. Problem is File -> Print-> Paperport is no longer an option to print to. Thanx!

Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The driver might be disabled somehow. 

Click start type msconfig - startup

Check the boxes related to your printer driver. If you have HP printer, check the box before HP Digital Imaging Manager and also HP Image Zone Fast Start , apply the changes.

In addition, have you tried reinstalled the Paperport 11 and the printer driver? You should have tried that.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:27 AM
  • Thank You. I cannot reinstall Paperport thru the instal disk..its not compatible with windows 7..I had to install manually...I think thats where the problem lies...I think there is a file I have not added
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:03 AM
  • I was having issues with that as well.  However, here is the solution which I was provided.

As I had the installation disk, and there was something stopping the installation, as I am working in Win7 64-bit, I had to go to the Task Manager > Processes > end process for Cyberlink (which operates in 32-bit).  Once that was done, th PaperPort was properly installed.  Upon Reboot, this process recommenced.

Once I had PaperPort installed, I was able to go to my Set-Up and designate the PC-Fax Receive to *.max format - and now receive and can view all my faxes in *.pdf format.

I was also able to designate the configuration for scanning documents in PaperPort.

Hope this helps anyone with Paperport and Win7 64 bit issues.

• Proposed as answer by ABR1234 Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:10 PM
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:06 PM
  • Hi

I have windows 32 bit, with same issue of when installing, asking me to close application "IGSR" etc etc - what program is that in task manager as I cannot see anythin related to it when I look ?

i only wish i could get to the full installation phase but cannot close the IGSR program at all cos dont know what it is

thanks for any help

Cheers

Friday, April 23, 2010 8:22 AM
  • I have a DELL 2135cn printer and PaperPort 11.  I did the end process on the cyberlink in Task Manager and when I go the paperport 11 setup I am asked if I want to download the latetst scanner DB from Nuance.  Under current selection is states: "No scanner" so I go to next. after clicking Yes to get database,  I am asked if I want to "select and test digital scanner and camera.  I click Yes again and get a window saying to chose scanner from the list but nothing is there.  I try to go back and enter my printer/scanner n the window for what scanner I have and I am not allowed to type anything in - nothing enters when I type.  And then it tells me no scanner has been selected. . . .well no kidding.  I have Windows 7 Pro.

Im on the verge of a primal scream. . . . .
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:27 PM
  • I don't know if this will help, but I believe that the scanner is a function of the printer software.  Paperport is a document handler.  If you re-install your software which came with the printer, your scanner should automatically install.  Let me know if this helped.  I hope it does.

Good luck

Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:30 AM
  • Sorry, I tried to find IGSR on the 64bit and it's not one of the processes.

Good luck

Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:36 AM
  • I also tried a search on 64bit WIN7 and 32bit VISTA and no luck.   usually when I search a hidden file like that, it comes up - but this time zero.  Sorry.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:40 AM
  • If you are loading the program manually, open the printer driver folder and you will find the setup application. Once you install, paperport will show up as a printer. It worked for me!
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Here is how I got my Paperport Image Printer back.  The link is below on the Brother site.    Hope it helps you.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/002600/000039/faq002639_001.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc295cn_all

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:01 PM