none
problem with base system device driver (no found) for windows 7

Question

• hi everybody

I recently upgraded my nc6000 to win7
    The new OS rocks but I realized that my usb ports are not working
    After checking my h/w settings I saw a warning that no base system device  driver is installed (or available,,,,) Seems that he usb ports are no the ones causing the whole problem
    Is there any way around this problem?
    Thanks for your input 
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 3:39 PM

Answers

• According to HP you laptop has an Intel 855PM chipset and according to Intel there is no Windows 7 support from them for this chipset.

Your laptop will not have full functionality with Windows 7 without the Intel chipset drivers.  A lot of older systems also require a BIOS update to support Windows 7 and HP has not published a BIOS update for your laptop since August 2006.

You will have to contact HP Tech Support to find out if there is probability of them publishing updates for your laptop that will enable it to support Windows 7.
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, March 02, 2010 2:23 AM
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:40 PM
  • Hi makis_m,

As Rick mentioned, the latest device drivers provided by HP are only for Windows XP. Please contact HP directly and confirm whether this laptop is compatible with Windows 7.

Also, you can refer to this thread for more information: About Hp Compaq nc6000 series drivers on Windows7

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:26 AM

All replies

• According to HP you laptop has an Intel 855PM chipset and according to Intel there is no Windows 7 support from them for this chipset.

Your laptop will not have full functionality with Windows 7 without the Intel chipset drivers.  A lot of older systems also require a BIOS update to support Windows 7 and HP has not published a BIOS update for your laptop since August 2006.

You will have to contact HP Tech Support to find out if there is probability of them publishing updates for your laptop that will enable it to support Windows 7.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:40 PM
  • Hi makis_m,

As Rick mentioned, the latest device drivers provided by HP are only for Windows XP. Please contact HP directly and confirm whether this laptop is compatible with Windows 7.

Also, you can refer to this thread for more information: About Hp Compaq nc6000 series drivers on Windows7

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:26 AM