none
how to rid of "c://users/appdata/local/conduit/background/container/backgroundcontainer.dll "

Question

• hello

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of  the following that appears each time I start up my computer  ? (win 7) :

"c://users/appdata/local/conduit/background/container/backgroundcontainer.dll  "

thanks for the help

cafe555

Monday, February 10, 2014 12:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please provide us more details regarding the issue here?

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

Any update here?

Did the message occur like this:

Run DLL

There was a problem starting

c:\users\ed\appData\local\conduit\background container\background container.dll

If so, please check if the below thread could help here:

Run DLL error message/background container.dll

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning/run-dll-error-messagebackground-containerdll/49612202-667e-4a71-8e9a-d02161d8bc19

Hope this might help

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:36 AM
  • RunDLL

C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainr\BackgroundContainer.dll

There was a problem starting

The specified module could not be found

This is how it was posted on my screen!

Please help me.

K.E.C

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 6:03 PM
  • You can use AutoRuns to remove the entry from the start-up registry. This happens when Conduit is removed during a virus/malware scan but still has traces in the registry: http://appuals.com/fixing-backgroundcontainer-dll-error/
    Monday, May 12, 2014 11:34 PM
  • I have finally resolved that problem.The fix may be on your hard drive...Scan your program files with your anti-virus

Go to my computer c drive and scan all of the program files with your anti virus..You need to rt click and a window will open that will allow you to scan those files.I hope that works for you.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Hi cafe555

o remove "conduit" and other malwares:

Download the free Malwarebyte
    Install it
    Run it and find out if you have infected PC. Delete them if any

OR:
    Use the attachment program Adw-Cleaner
    First rename the .xxx file to ,exe to run
    Run it
    DO NOT update. The source site has been INFECTED.
    Scan your PC
    Delete all malware, including "conduit"
    Good luck.
    Have fun.

JS

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:49 PM
  • That is usually a scheduled task.  Since it is pointing to the app data folder you can also go to that folder and delete the entire conduit folder.  You may have to go into task manager and end the conduit process first if it gives you any issues. Go to search run ---> type c:\users\appdata\local --> hit enter.  that will take you to where the folder is located.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:23 AM