none
I am having BSOD with a Microsoft Windows Kernel Power 331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4 error with a new system

Question

• Hi everyone.

I hope you can help me. I just put together a new system with a ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard, Intel I5-3570,16GB Corsair Vengence ram, MSI GTX660, Corsair 620 powerunit, and a Vertex 2 and a Vertex 3 drive ( system and programs ). It is pretty fast.....until it crashes. It usualy happens when i am light surfing the net or when the computer is left on it's own showing the desktop !

When it happens while surfing the pages stops responding and the top and bottom sort of dissapear. I can still move the mouse, but after a couple of seconds it goes into a BSOD. The Eventlog says kernel power, id 41, category 63

It never happens under load (playing fx. MW3), but allways under light use.

I have read a lot of forums with different sollutions but I haven't figured it out yet. I am thinking a driver problem, antivirus (avg free 2013) or maybe the Vertex 2 SSD.

I have updatet everything including bios and firmware for the drives. I tried to install a program to read the dump files but it didn't work out. I have included the dumps here. I really hope someone can tell me exactly what driver / file is causing the trouple.

Thanks in advance (sorry for my english if i spelled something wrong)

Kenneth

For some reason I am not allowed to put a link for the dump files on my Skydrive ?

Here is the code bit from the eventlog:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-23T15:35:25.272010100Z" />

<EventRecordID>12002</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Desktop-Pc</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">244</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa80107e6060</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffffa80107e6340</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffff80002f8e460</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi

I did a full reinstall of windows on the Vertex 3. I didn't put the Vertex 2 in and I installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead of AVG2013 and so far it is working. Will try and install some more programs and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Kenneth

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:50 PM

All replies

•  We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
    * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy.
    * Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
    * Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.

Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    (Instructions for XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Team ZigZag

Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:16 AM
  • You can use a program called Whocrashed to open the dump file and determine the real issue- its free and comes frome resplendence

It will tell you the exact driver and link you to the company download page (for the actual hardware) for the specific hardware driver needed.

Its a great tool I use it all the time fixing friends pc's.

• Proposed as answer by MS_Guru_Tom Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:43 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:43 AM
  • Tom

Who crashed only works on a local machine and often gives erroneous results.  The gold standard for those who analyze DMPS is Windows DeBugger.  For the average user there is also Blue screen view by Nirsoft.com.  Nirsoft makes tons of good tings.

Good Luck

zz

Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:53 AM
  • am getting a message on this board that I am not allowed to insert links or images until my account is verified. When will that happen ?

I have the dump files on my skydrive but cannot post them to you for some reason.

Kenneth

Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:04 AM
  • Ken

I am unsure where you are trying to "insert links".  Is that here or Technet?  If you want you can send the link to me Admin@zigzag3143.com

Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Hi

I did a full reinstall of windows on the Vertex 3. I didn't put the Vertex 2 in and I installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead of AVG2013 and so far it is working. Will try and install some more programs and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Kenneth

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:49 AM