none
Unable to connect to Windows 8 store, weather, bing, games plus many more

Question

• Hi

I have recently upgraded my PC to windows 8, but unable to access a number of the titles, apart from IE & MAP. I get no error message or connect issues (can access internet via desktop). All titles load and I get the screen change & dotted circle but none of the tiles load beyond that point. This is a new upgrade and I have been unable to get these elements to work at all.

Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you connecting to a VPN network when the issue happening? If so, please donot use remote gateway as default gateway for a test.

If no go or it is not this case, please go to Event Log=>Windows Logs=>Applications and Services Logs=>Microsoft=>Apps(Microsoft-Windows-TwinUI/Operation). If there are any error messages when launching apps, please post here.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you connecting to a VPN network when the issue happening? If so, please donot use remote gateway as default gateway for a test.

If no go or it is not this case, please go to Event Log=>Windows Logs=>Applications and Services Logs=>Microsoft=>Apps(Microsoft-Windows-TwinUI/Operation). If there are any error messages when launching apps, please post here.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:41 AM
  • If you are on a corporate network and going to the internet through a proxy make sure that your networking people haven't blocked these sites. In my company we are only allowed to go to certain sites not considered business related out of hours. The app store is considered one of these.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:51 PM
  • If you are on a corporate network and going to the internet through a proxy make sure that your networking people haven't blocked these sites. In my company we are only allowed to go to certain sites not considered business related out of hours. The app store is considered one of these.
    I am having the same issue and if I try to ie in the start screen to go to Hotmail.com (i.e. live.com) nothing is displayed until I switch it to desktop mode. the only app tiles working are maps and internet explorer as long as your not trying to go to live.com and no everything works in desktop mode I am on my own network I have the same problem described here and finally I guess it would be nice to use windows 8 for what I bought it for the METRO TILES. oh well I hope someone can fix this so I can visit the store again.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:31 AM
  • Hallo Bar Ba

Please verify in Services.msc (Services) Login Assistant for Microsoft Accounts in German (Anmelde Assistent für Microsoft Konten) Start Typ Automatic Trigered.

Thats all :) pls mark as helpfull if ist helps

Kind Regards

Mohamad

Kind Regards Mohamad

Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:23 PM

I am having the same issue and if I try to ie in the start screen to go to Hotmail.com (i.e. live.com) nothing is displayed until I switch it to desktop mode. the only app tiles working are maps and internet explorer as long as your not trying to go to live.com and no everything works in desktop mode I am on my own network I have the same problem described here and finally I guess it would be nice to use windows 8 for what I bought it for the METRO TILES. oh well I hope someone can fix this so I can visit the store again.

Hallo Bar Ba

Please verify in Services.msc (Services) Login Assistant for Microsoft Accounts in German (Anmelde Assistent für Microsoft Konten) Start Typ Automatic Trigered.

Thats all :) pls mark as helpfull if ist helps

Kind Regards

Mohamad

Kind Regards Mohamad

Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:24 PM