none
cannot install Directx End-User Runtime Web Installer

Question

• Hi i built my new custom pc and i installed all the updates and it still says an internal system occured Please reffer to DXError.Log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine problem and this is a windows 7 64 bit Please Help!!!!!
    Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• 1:  This is a Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) forum.  It is not a Windows 7 forums.  Go to Windows 7 Forums for Windows 7.

2:  There are no DirectX downloads I am aware of for Windows 7.  If you did not get the file directly from Microsoft it may be malware.

3:  Try doing a system repair booting from the install media to see if the problem can be fixed.  If not, start over and do a clean install.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:35 AM
  • Hi

The web installer has always been hit and missed. Use the full redistributable instead.

Please try to download DirectX End-User Runtimes and installed it as administrator.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If it can’t be installed, please upload the DXError.Log and DirectX.log in forum so that we can help you analyze them.

Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.

Regards

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:34 AM
  • I'm having the same problem: Unable to install any version of DirectX at all. I get the "An internal system error occured" message. I've attached the log files.

http://www.codenstuff.com/forum/filed.php?id=6971&cd=1&cost=0

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:32 AM
  • I was getting the "internal system error". Running it as administrator did the job. Thanks!
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:44 AM