none
I need a Driver of 3Com® EtherLink® 10/100 PCI NIC 3C905C-TX-M for Windows 7 x64

Question

• I need a Driver of 3Com® EtherLink® 10/100 PCI NIC 3C905C-TX-M for Windows 7 x64

Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to share some detail information about this device:

3Com® EtherLink® 10/100 PCI NIC for Complete PC Management

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I could not find the drivers for Windows 7 since the device is not supported by 3Com. As a workaround, please try the previous drivers with Compatibility Mode and see how it works.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

I don't think the previous driver will work at all.  It's 32-bit for XP and he wants this to work in x64.  You cannot install a 32-bit driver in any version of Windows x64.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:36 PM

All replies

• Have you tried contacting 3Com?  It looks like the last full driver was published Nov 17, 2002 and an update Sep 18, 2003.  It's up to 3Com to supply the drivers for their hardware.  However, it is also a discontinued product and they may never publish Win 7 drivers.

You might be better off finding a new NIC with Win 7 drivers.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:12 PM
  • Good ole 3COM 3C905C, still going strong.

But if your NIC is that old, will the system overall support 64-bit OS ?
    Why not go with 32-bit Windows?

Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:37 PM
  • I need a Driver of 3Com® EtherLink® 10/100 PCI NIC 3C905C-TX-M for Windows 7 x64

Adding on the advise of other's, have you try running the driver as vista compatible mode and next run as adminstrator as follow
    Friday, September 11, 2009 12:17 AM
  • Hi,

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I could not find the drivers for Windows 7 since the device is not supported by 3Com. As a workaround, please try the previous drivers with Compatibility Mode and see how it works.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

I don't think the previous driver will work at all.  It's 32-bit for XP and he wants this to work in x64.  You cannot install a 32-bit driver in any version of Windows x64.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:36 PM